Re: Getting Pallets

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by sigve, May 11, 2008.

  1. sigve

    sigve Guest

    I wasn't allowed to get any at start either, and then i just said, dad,
    since u got like 150 pallets at work (it's actually true, i'll try get
    a photo), can you bring 5 home one day, so i can train trials?
    i'd ask this many times, and one day they were in a great mood, and
    they let me.. :D just ask a hole in their heads

    --
    sigve

    Mikey sier (10:51):
    I imagined a sponsor sending you a new uni and a plastic penis

  2. ivan

    ivan Guest

    I used to have a small collection of pallets. About 10, plus some neat
    skinnies and gapping bars. Things used to get stolen, I had to replace
    them and protect them from theft. I stacked five pallets and screwed
    them together, making a huge immovable block. Surely, that couldn't get
    stolen. I screwed other pallets in piles of two and so. I was riding
    that for about a month.

    Then, one day I came to my trials course only to find that all was
    gone. Completely cleaned out. It was the builders making a road who
    were supposed to clean the ditch my pallets were next to, and who
    cleaned the side instead - ripped out all the grass and took my trials
    course with them.

    I was quite upset for a day. I spent so much time and effort collecting
    and maintaining those pallets, it was rather annoying they were all
    gone. But then I realised that all that all those pallets did was hold
    me down. I'd gotten into a small routine of doing the same things with
    them over and over and was going nowhere.

    Now I just ride around the city and progress faster than ever. I don't
    miss those pallets at all. Sure, they helped me a lot in the beginning,
    but eventually they just became dead weight.

    Be creative about your lines. Train your eye to see them everywhere.

    --
    ivan

    Did you know that lighter flame smells like burnt nose
    hair?entropy isn't what it used to be.

  3. sigve

    sigve Guest

    Well said Ivan! I do like the 5 pallets i've got now, because I'm kind
    of newbie!:D

    --
    sigve

    Mikey sier (10:51):
    I imagined a sponsor sending you a new uni and a plastic penis

  4. adjuggler

    adjuggler Guest

    my parent's big beef if that I'll fall thought the hole in the pallets?
    Any suggestions?

    --
    adjuggler

    'When you get on a unicycle, your telling that voice inside your head...
    \"no your balls can't get hurt, and that your shins are actually made
    of metal plates\". (Youtube Page)'
    (http://www.youtube.com/user/ADJuggler) :rolleyes:

  5. ivan

    ivan Guest

    You must be tiny.

    Put a flat piece of wood on top and no more hole falling.

    But really, the worst thing that can happen with the hole is getting
    your tyre caught in it.

    --

  6. adjuggler wrote:
    > my parent's big beef if that I'll fall thought the hole in the pallets?
    > Any suggestions?

    unless you will have tham on concrete and have really brittle bones
    youll be fine, my parents said they wouldnt get me a uni cos id always
    be in hospital, but i have had more and worse accidents on a bike. tell
    them to stop worrying.

    --
    1-wheeled-grape

    Scott,

    > james is naming your unicycle a girls name replacement for girlfriends?

  7. Jerrick

    Jerrick Guest

    adjuggler wrote:
    > my parent's big beef if that I'll fall thought the hole in the pallets?
    > Any suggestions?

    What type of pallets are you looking at?

    The blue ones we have here have no way of me getting any body part into
    them.

    The regular ones, I can probably get a finger in there if I actually
    tried. Then the poor quality ones I can probably step in between each
    board, but I put those ones on the bottom for the build up and put the
    big solid ones on top.

    --
    Jerrick

    -i am christian, and i ride for christ.
    check out my 'gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/2zfklh).
    member of the 'mris' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz).
    just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. where
    there's love and inspiration, i don't think you can go wrong.
    ~jerrick-

  8. uniaddict

    uniaddict Guest

    It seems like you all have nazi control freak parents. If you want some
    pallets just find some place where a bunch are hanging around and grab
    some. You could use those, theres nothing wrong with that. And if
    you're parents say no and think you are going to get hurt then they
    probably don't know what they are talking about. Pretty much any other
    sport is more dangerous than unicycling.

    --
    uniaddict

    :cool: Savin $cash$ by commuting:cool:
    I broke my arm:mad:
    SixSixOne sponsored me for nothing:confused:

  9. Eddbmxdude

    Eddbmxdude Guest

    uniaddict wrote:
    > It seems like you all have nazi control freak parents. If you want some
    > pallets just find some place where a bunch are hanging around and grab
    > some. You could use those, theres nothing wrong with that. And if
    > you're parents say no and think you are going to get hurt then they
    > probably don't know what they are talking about. Pretty much any other
    > sport is more dangerous than unicycling.

    I was going to say something along the same lines. Why do your parents
    have such a problem with you getting a few pallets?
    Maybe you should go and start smoking, do some drugs, have underage sex
    and then go back and ask them about the pallets :rolleyes:

    --
    Eddbmxdude

    "I guess it's just a good thing you didn't include the footage of us
    snorting cocaine from the thighs of prostitutes eh Edd." - Boogie

    If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

    "Unicycling only makes you look like a freak when you're riding." -
    Unisteve

  10. monkeygunner

    monkeygunner Guest

    I have gotten my mom to agree to let me get pallets, but my dad is a
    total control freak and I have already been to the hospital once due to
    my uni.

    --
    monkeygunner