Re: Getting Pallets

sigve

Guest
I wasn't allowed to get any at start either, and then i just said, dad,
since u got like 150 pallets at work (it's actually true, i'll try get
a photo), can you bring 5 home one day, so i can train trials?
i'd ask this many times, and one day they were in a great mood, and
they let me.. :D just ask a hole in their heads

--
sigve

Mikey sier (10:51):
I imagined a sponsor sending you a new uni and a plastic penis

I used to have a small collection of pallets. About 10, plus some neat
skinnies and gapping bars. Things used to get stolen, I had to replace
them and protect them from theft. I stacked five pallets and screwed
them together, making a huge immovable block. Surely, that couldn't get
stolen. I screwed other pallets in piles of two and so. I was riding
that for about a month.

Then, one day I came to my trials course only to find that all was
gone. Completely cleaned out. It was the builders making a road who
were supposed to clean the ditch my pallets were next to, and who
cleaned the side instead - ripped out all the grass and took my trials
course with them.

I was quite upset for a day. I spent so much time and effort collecting
and maintaining those pallets, it was rather annoying they were all
gone. But then I realised that all that all those pallets did was hold
me down. I'd gotten into a small routine of doing the same things with
them over and over and was going nowhere.

Now I just ride around the city and progress faster than ever. I don't
miss those pallets at all. Sure, they helped me a lot in the beginning,
but eventually they just became dead weight.

Be creative about your lines. Train your eye to see them everywhere.

--
ivan

Did you know that lighter flame smells like burnt nose
hair?entropy isn't what it used to be.

Well said Ivan! I do like the 5 pallets i've got now, because I'm kind
of newbie!:D

--
sigve

Mikey sier (10:51):
I imagined a sponsor sending you a new uni and a plastic penis

my parent's big beef if that I'll fall thought the hole in the pallets?
Any suggestions?

--
adjuggler

'When you get on a unicycle, your telling that voice inside your head...
\"no your balls can't get hurt, and that your shins are actually made
of metal plates\". (Youtube Page)'
(http://www.youtube.com/user/ADJuggler) :rolleyes:

You must be tiny.

Put a flat piece of wood on top and no more hole falling.

But really, the worst thing that can happen with the hole is getting
your tyre caught in it.

--

adjuggler wrote:
> my parent's big beef if that I'll fall thought the hole in the pallets?
> Any suggestions?

unless you will have tham on concrete and have really brittle bones
youll be fine, my parents said they wouldnt get me a uni cos id always
be in hospital, but i have had more and worse accidents on a bike. tell
them to stop worrying.

--
1-wheeled-grape

Scott,

adjuggler wrote:
> my parent's big beef if that I'll fall thought the hole in the pallets?
> Any suggestions?

What type of pallets are you looking at?

The blue ones we have here have no way of me getting any body part into
them.

The regular ones, I can probably get a finger in there if I actually
tried. Then the poor quality ones I can probably step in between each
board, but I put those ones on the bottom for the build up and put the
big solid ones on top.

--
Jerrick

-i am christian, and i ride for christ.
check out my 'gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/2zfklh).
member of the 'mris' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz).
just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. where
there's love and inspiration, i don't think you can go wrong.
~jerrick-

It seems like you all have nazi control freak parents. If you want some
pallets just find some place where a bunch are hanging around and grab
some. You could use those, theres nothing wrong with that. And if
you're parents say no and think you are going to get hurt then they
probably don't know what they are talking about. Pretty much any other
sport is more dangerous than unicycling.

--
uniaddict

:cool: Savin $cash$ by commuting:cool:
I broke my arm:mad:
SixSixOne sponsored me for nothing:confused:

uniaddict wrote:
> It seems like you all have nazi control freak parents. If you want some
> pallets just find some place where a bunch are hanging around and grab
> some. You could use those, theres nothing wrong with that. And if
> you're parents say no and think you are going to get hurt then they
> probably don't know what they are talking about. Pretty much any other
> sport is more dangerous than unicycling.

I was going to say something along the same lines. Why do your parents
have such a problem with you getting a few pallets?
Maybe you should go and start smoking, do some drugs, have underage sex
and then go back and ask them about the pallets :rolleyes:

--
Eddbmxdude

"I guess it's just a good thing you didn't include the footage of us
snorting cocaine from the thighs of prostitutes eh Edd." - Boogie

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

"Unicycling only makes you look like a freak when you're riding." -
Unisteve

I have gotten my mom to agree to let me get pallets, but my dad is a
total control freak and I have already been to the hospital once due to
my uni.

--
monkeygunner