Re: "Ghost" punctures

Pete Biggs

Guest
Skunk wrote:
> I last used my bike on Friday. I went to go to work on it this morning
> and the back tyre was flat. I pumped it up tonight to check it out and
> it appears to be staying up. Is there an explanation for this?

1. Someone let the tyre down as a joke.

2. Slow puncture caused by tiny hole or fault at the valve where it's
bonded to tube, or something else like that. It may be slowly deflating
now.

> I've
> got a date with a couple of bottles of home brew tonight and didn't
> wanna miss that for changing a wheel, would you risk carrying on with
> it, if it stays up until the morning?

Probably wouldn't be too dangerous if you carried on with it but make sure
you have a spare tube. Personally, I would have a closer look.

~PB