Re: gliding

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by nickvb123, Apr 26, 2004.

  1. nickvb123

    nickvb123 Guest

    Tags:

  2. pete66

    pete66 Guest

    :confused: na i don't think that's too cool, seems a bit intrusive to
    have all his address and stuff there...

    I can't glide (either) tho, seems fairly impossible to me but I'll
    definitely be doin it relatively soon.

    Pete

    --
    pete66 - Level 4 Unicyclist
    pete66's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4812

  3. Robbie

    Robbie Guest

  4. evilewan

    evilewan Guest

    legitimate question i think, even from somebody who can glide verry
    well.

    learning how to do some skills is incredibly difficulkt and time
    comsuming.
    so teaching somebody how to do them becomes near impossible without a
    realy concise description of how the trick works.

    i'd love to hear everbodys thougfhts on how to learn gliding.
    i can't realy glide, so it'd help me.

    i'd like to hear about even simple stuff like how to free mount.
    it makes me a better teacher if i can hear about otherpeoples teaching
    methods.

    --
    evilewan - death or glory

    --
    evilewan.

    see the rec.sport.unicycling maintainance FAQ @
    http://evilewan.unicyclist.com/
    evilewan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1047

  5. Robbie

    Robbie Guest

    Wait wait wait, I thought this was like from 1990, it's from 1999. You
    telling me the best MUni and Trials rider in the world couldn't glide
    only 5 years ago?

    --
    Robbie - Spoons Taste Good

    There is no spoon.
    I ate it.
    Robbie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5302

  6. johnfoss

    johnfoss Guest

    Five years ago is probably when he found out gliding existed. Remember
    he never rode with other unicyclists until MUni Weekend 1998!

    Yes, and since then we've learned not to put our address and email onto
    public posts like these. Hopefully all that information is no longer
    correct!

    --
    johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

    John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
    "jfoss" at "unicycling.com"
    www.unicycling.com

    "Hey, could I have some of that spinach? I need to get this pork rind
    taste out of my mouth." -- Ryan Atkins to Kris Holm, on the way back
    from Moab after sampling some of my pork rinds. They grossed out the
    whole van!

  7. aust

    aust Guest

  8. john_childs

    john_childs Guest

    johnfoss wrote:
    > *Yes, and since then we've learned not to put our address and email
    > onto public posts like these. Hopefully all that information is no
    > longer correct! *

    As long as no one quotes Kris' message from 1999 then his address and
    contact info will not appear on R.S.U. on Usenet. The message is so old
    that it will no longer be on any news servers.

    So everyone be kind and don't quote Kris' contact info in any new posts.

    --
    john_childs - Guinness Mojo

    john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

  9. Murde Mental

    Murde Mental Guest

    Oh my god!! those "more than human people" from the discovery channel
    have finally decided to take all the "super-humans" and clone them to
    make a race of superior beings!!!

    by the way, they also cloned me....cause they simply thought I was
    amazing at stuff.....yeah.....stuff....

    I'm learning how to glide too.....ride one footed with your foot on the
    crown and apply some pressure to the tyre/tirethen remove your other
    foot and glide away!...

    (repeat this a bazillion times)

    Oh, and make sure you stay straight.....

    and it helps to make yourself comfortable without holding the handle
    that way you can use two hands to balance...

    I AM NOT A CLONE.

    --
    Murde Mental - Unicycling Martyr

    Owen Kirby- deep fried and delicious...

    Murde Mental's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4463

  10. chirokid

    chirokid Guest

    Gliding sure looks great. But with a job, and kids, a wife… I don’t
    have time for a “bazillion practice sessions”. And, I’m over 40.

    Any suggestions, or do I just dream of gliding (and coasting)?
    –chirokid--

    --
    chirokid - Wolfman 2004: Unicycle Catagory

    "Other than that, the best maintenance is to keep riding it as this
    helps to keep the eccentric nut on the saddle in optimal condition."
    quote by Mikefule

    chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

  11. Murde Mental

    Murde Mental Guest

    I'm telling you, just take 15 minutes per day comming back from work to
    chillax a little....as soon a syou start getting frustrated then just
    call it a day.....

    It's actually quite safe as long as your foot doesn't slip infront of
    the moving pedal...you know what i mean right?;)