Re: gliding

legitimate question i think, even from somebody who can glide verry
well.

learning how to do some skills is incredibly difficulkt and time
comsuming.
so teaching somebody how to do them becomes near impossible without a
realy concise description of how the trick works.

i'd love to hear everbodys thougfhts on how to learn gliding.
i can't realy glide, so it'd help me.

i'd like to hear about even simple stuff like how to free mount.
it makes me a better teacher if i can hear about otherpeoples teaching
methods.

--
evilewan - death or glory

--
evilewan.

see the rec.sport.unicycling maintainance FAQ @
http://evilewan.unicyclist.com/
evilewan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1047

Five years ago is probably when he found out gliding existed. Remember
he never rode with other unicyclists until MUni Weekend 1998!

Yes, and since then we've learned not to put our address and email onto
public posts like these. Hopefully all that information is no longer
correct!

--
johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
"jfoss" at "unicycling.com"
www.unicycling.com

"Hey, could I have some of that spinach? I need to get this pork rind
taste out of my mouth." -- Ryan Atkins to Kris Holm, on the way back
from Moab after sampling some of my pork rinds. They grossed out the
whole van!

johnfoss wrote:
> *Yes, and since then we've learned not to put our address and email
> onto public posts like these. Hopefully all that information is no
> longer correct! *

As long as no one quotes Kris' message from 1999 then his address and
contact info will not appear on R.S.U. on Usenet. The message is so old
that it will no longer be on any news servers.

So everyone be kind and don't quote Kris' contact info in any new posts.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

Oh my god!! those "more than human people" from the discovery channel
have finally decided to take all the "super-humans" and clone them to
make a race of superior beings!!!

by the way, they also cloned me....cause they simply thought I was
amazing at stuff.....yeah.....stuff....

I'm learning how to glide too.....ride one footed with your foot on the
crown and apply some pressure to the tyre/tirethen remove your other
foot and glide away!...

(repeat this a bazillion times)

Oh, and make sure you stay straight.....

and it helps to make yourself comfortable without holding the handle
that way you can use two hands to balance...

I AM NOT A CLONE.

--
Murde Mental - Unicycling Martyr

Owen Kirby- deep fried and delicious...

Murde Mental's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4463

Gliding sure looks great. But with a job, and kids, a wife… I don’t
have time for a “bazillion practice sessions”. And, I’m over 40.

Any suggestions, or do I just dream of gliding (and coasting)?
–chirokid--

--
chirokid - Wolfman 2004: Unicycle Catagory

"Other than that, the best maintenance is to keep riding it as this
helps to keep the eccentric nut on the saddle in optimal condition."
quote by Mikefule

chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

I'm telling you, just take 15 minutes per day comming back from work to
chillax a little....as soon a syou start getting frustrated then just
call it a day.....

It's actually quite safe as long as your foot doesn't slip infront of
the moving pedal...you know what i mean right?;)