Re: Global earthquake 3/29/2006 ???????

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD, Jan 19, 2006.

  1. Bob (this one) wrote:
    > Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:

    > >>Translation

    > > No translation needed when things have been written plainly.

    > Oh, I thoroughly agree.

    Then let us end this discussion on that positive note.

    May the LORD help us all to face the great tribulation when the Lamb
    opens the 6th seal possibly in less than a few months (03/29/06), in
    Jesus' most precious and holy name.

    Amen !!!

    Now this is about the works of the four horsemen from the 6th chapter
    of the Book of Revelation (we are now in the 6th year into the third
    millenium after the birth of the Son of Man):

    (1) Crowned rider wielding a bow and riding a white horse:

    "See you on the other side. It's not bad. We are just going to
    sleep." - missive (missile) from one of 12 born-again Christian miners
    who gave up their lives to save the youngest among them after being
    trapped by an explosion in a W.Va mine.

    (2) Rider wielding a sword and riding a fiery red horse:

    Ariel Sharon, the world's hope for lasting peace in the middle east,
    suffers a massive bleeding stroke. Violence and bloodshed in Iraq
    escalates. U.S. now less likely to pull out of Iraq anytime soon.

    (3) Rider wielding a set of food scales and riding a black horse:

    The rate of increase of the number of people worldwide using the
    2PD-OMER Approach (which advocates the use of food scales) accelerates
    with growing worldwide concerns about the obesity epidemic:

    http://www.HeartMDPhD.com/wtloss.asp

    Meanwhile, folks like Bob Pastorio who refuse to use this Approach are
    heard muttering that an omer is not a weight measure but a volume
    measure somewhere between one and three quarts depending on what the
    food is and that liquid foods like milk (emulsified oil) and wine
    should not be counted toward daily intake.

    (4) Rider on a pale horse given the authority to kill a fourth of the
    world's population "by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts
    of the earth":

    The H5N1 Avian Flu Pandemic seems to be starting in Turkey:

    http://tinyurl.com/amj4a

    Yes, the migratory birds spreading H5N1 virus are wild beasts of the
    earth.

    When will the sun "turn black like sackcloth made of goat hair"
    (Revelation 6:12b) ?

    It will turn black during the total solar eclipse that will happen
    **also** in Turkey on Wednesday 03/29/2006 at around 14:00 hrs LT.

    http://tinyurl.com/dcj7w

    The order of darkening of the following ancient cities in Turkey:

    (1) Ephesus
    (2) Smyrna
    (3) Pergamum
    (4) Thyatira
    (5) Sardis
    (6) Philadelphia
    (7) Laodicea

    Will be the same order that Christ Jesus used to address the seven
    churches:

    "Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to
    Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyratira, Sardis, Philadelphia and
    Laodicea." (Revelation 1:11)

    Would be more than happy to "glow" and chat about this and other things
    like cardiology, diabetes, cooking and nutrition that interest those
    following this thread here during the next on-line chat (01/26/06) from
    6 to 7 pm EST:

    http://tinyurl.com/cpayh

    For those who are put off by the signature, my advance apologies for
    how the LORD has reshaped me:

    http://tinyurl.com/bgfqt

    Prayerfully in Christ's love,

    Andrew
    http://tinyurl.com/b6xwk

    Tags:

  2. Bob (this one) wrote:
    > Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
    > > Bob (this one) wrote:

    > >>Oh, I thoroughly agree.

    > > Then let us end this discussion on that positive note.

    > <LOL>

    ....or not.

    For this, you will remain in my prayers, dear Bob whom I love, in
    Jesus' most precious and holy name :)

    Amen :))

    Would be more than happy to "glow" and chat about this and other things
    like cardiology, diabetes, cooking and nutrition that interest those
    following this thread here during the next on-line chat (01/26/06) from
    6 to 7 pm EST:

    http://tinyurl.com/cpayh

    For those who are put off by the signature, my advance apologies for
    how the LORD has reshaped me:

    http://tinyurl.com/bgfqt

    Prayerfully in Christ's love,

    Andrew
    http://tinyurl.com/be9va

  3. Pulpitfire

    Pulpitfire Guest

    Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:

    >May the LORD help us all to face the great tribulation when the Lamb
    >opens the 6th seal possibly in less than a few months (03/29/06), in
    >Jesus' most precious and holy name...

    Dr. Chung, I appreciate your desire to help people avoid heart and
    health problems. But regarding the ability to save men from spiritual
    harm, 1 Corinthians 1-2 says that the wisdom of the world does not
    bring people to a saving knowledge of God, and is therefore "foolish".
    You think God wants you to warn people so they won't experience a
    global health crisis and earthquake, but I believe God wants us to lead
    people to a saving knowledge of Christ, and comfort one another with
    the hope that God has not appointed us unto Tribulation wrath (1 Thess.
    4-5).

    The only way to be saved from the Tribulation is by trusting Christ.
    If you are really concerned about saving people, become an evangelist,
    proclaim the gospel, and turn people to Christ, instead of trying to be
    a medical savior. Have you ever taken time to see how the following
    verses and reasons we won't enter the Tribulation fit into your
    theology?

    I believe we will not enter the Tribulation:

    1) Because the Tribulation is the time of "Jacob's trouble" (Jeremiah
    30:7).

    The twofold purpose of the Tribulation, is to prepare Israel,
    spiritually, for the Messiah she rejected the first time (Jeremiah
    30-33), and to rain judgment on the "inhabitants of the earth" (Rev.
    3"10; 8:13). The only places in the gospel that refer to how God's
    people should prepare for Tribulation life, are where He is addressing
    Jews--primarily in Matthew, and a little in Luke. The gospel of
    John--mainly adressing church age saints-- warns only of general
    persecution. Read Revelation 12, to see who the players are during the
    Tribulation. The woman who gave birth to the male child, is clearly
    the nation Israel, not the church.

    2) Because the rapture (catching up) is not part of the Day of the
    Lord.

    In 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 Paul has to educate them about the rapture
    of the church, and our being caught up together with Him in the air.
    By sharp contrast ("But") to the events of this rapture, he tells them
    they already knew full well about the events of the "day of the
    Lord"--the time when Tribulation judgment would fall on the inhabitants
    of the earth.

    Now how could they know full well about the Tribulation, but nothing
    about the catching up (rapture) of the church? It seems the only way
    is if the rapture of the church is not part of the events of the
    Tribulation, in Scripture. If that's the case, then the rapture must
    occur before the events of the Day of the Lord.

    3) Because we're supposed to comfort one another with the hope of the
    rapture (1 Thess. 4:18).

    It would be hard to imagine "these words" as being a "comfort", if the
    Thessalonians thought they'd have to endure the Tribulation before they
    would get raptured.

    4) Because we are not children of darkness (1 Thess. 5:5).

    Regarding those events of the day of the Lord's judgment, Paul said
    church age believers are not children of darkness, that the day of the
    Lord should overtake them like a thief. It is the children of
    darkness, and not children of light, who are overtaken, like a thief,
    by the day of the Lord's judgment (5:4-5). It is when "they" (not
    "you") say "peace and safety", that destruction shall come upon "them".
    You might say then, that they will simply not be overtaken by the day
    the way a thief is, but read on, where the passage shows God has not
    appointed us to this Tribulation wrath at all.

    5) Because God has not appointed us to wrath (1 Thess. 5:8-10).

    In contrast to the drunken sleepers who will be overtaken like a thief
    by the day of the Lord's judgment (which includes the Tribulation, and
    not just eternal damnation), we, who are sober, are supposed to put on
    for a helmet, the "hope of salvation". Why? Because God has "NOT
    [emphasis mine] appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our
    Lord Jesus Christ, Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we
    should live together with him." This knowledge is supposed to be a
    comfort, regarding not only those who sleep in Christ, but also the day
    of the Lord's judgment. Whether we are alive or dead, we will be with
    the Lord, and not experiencing the wrath of God that falls on the
    drunken sleepers who are children of darkness (cf. Ephesians
    5:8,13,14).

    6) Because the rapture assures us we have not entered the Tribulation
    (2 Thess. 2)

    The Thessalonians were troubled by the thought that maybe they had
    already entered the day of Tribulation. Paul besought them by the hope
    of the "coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and our gathering together
    unto Him", that they had not already entered the day of Christ's
    judgment (2 Thess 2:1-2). This prospect of the coming of the Lord, and
    gathering of the saints to be with Him, would not be a proof for them,
    that they had not entered the Tribulation, if they had to endure the
    entire, or even part of the Tribulation, before they were gathered to
    the Lord. They could no thave entered the time of judgment (and
    neither could we), becuase the gathering of church age saints (whether
    they sleep or are alive) to the Lord will occur first, and this is the
    hope by which Paul besought them.

    7) Because God promised to deliver the church from the hour of
    Tribulation (Revelation 3:10)

    In Revelation 3:10, God promises to deliver the church from the very
    hour in which the testing occurs for "them" "that dwell upon the
    earth". How can they be delivered from testing that falls on earth
    dwellers, and from the very hour in which the testing occurs, if they
    still dwell on earth, or in a realm where earth time applies?
    Apparently, the church will not dwell on earth during the hour the
    testing occurs. This truth applies to whomever "has an ear" in the
    "churches" (v13).

    8) Because John was raptured before the "things which shall be
    hereafter" (Rev 4:1)

    In Revelation 1:19, John was told to write the "things which thou hast
    seen " (vision of the resurrected Christ), the "things which are"
    (letters to the "churches"), and the "things which shall be hereafter"
    (Tribulation wrath upon the inhabitants of the earth). The letters to
    the churches conclude the "the things which are". But before God shows
    him the "things which shall be hereafter", He catches him up into
    heaven (rapture), from earth (4:1). It is not until he is in heaven
    that he sees the judgments which shall be "hereafter", falling on "them
    who dwell on the earth". This is in keeping with the promise God just
    made in Revelation 3:10, that the church will not go through the hour
    of testing that falls on "them that dwell upon the earth", and that the
    church (addressed in the "things which are"), is not part of the
    "things which shall be hereafter".

    9) Because Tribulation saints are not the "church".

    Revelation 1-3 addresses believers as the "church" something like 19
    times before Revelation 4 refers to the judgments which shall be
    "hereafter" falling on "the inhabitants of the earth". Then, during
    the time of the Tribulation, instantly believers are referred to only
    by terms like "saints", and there is not one reference to the "church".
    Israel, and the 144,000 chosen from the twelve tribes are the subjects
    of God's sealing during that time, and not the church (cf. Revelation
    12).

    Now, is it just a coincidence Revelation refers to church age
    believers, during the "things which are", as the "church" 19 times, and
    then instantly stops calling believers the "church" once John is
    raptured to heaven and the "things which shall be hereafter" begin? It
    seems highly unlikely to me.

    I don't believe God has appointed the church to the wrath which Paul
    said would overtake the children of darkeness during the "day of the
    Lord" (1 Thess. 5), but to salvation, through our Lord Jesus Christ.
    Paul beseeches us, by the hope of our gathering to the Lord, not to
    think we have entered into the day of the Lord, and exhorts us to
    comfort one another with the hope of being raptured. If you want to
    save people from the Tribulation, become an evangelist and tell them to
    trust Christ as their Savior.