Re: Going Off Pump

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Michel, Jul 21, 2003.

  1. Michel

    Michel Guest

    On 19 Jul 2003, zbrigid wrote:

    If this is the way things are going for you (and I do understand
    what you are up against) may I suggest you read my post of
    yesterday on misc.health.diabetes called "Coming to grips
    with human insulin (Was: Michel)".

    This is a highly viable alternative to MDI and the pump.

    Hope this helps,

    Michel

    > I have learned through all of this effort to use the pump to now take
    > if off and go back on Lantus and Novolog or even better NPH and R.
    > This attachment 24/7 is really horrible. Not so bad in winter but
    > summer it is more than a pain. Can't go swimming, showering or
    > anything else easily. Trying to disconnect this thing is almost
    > impossible then trying to get it back on is another effort.
    > Today I have filled the pump with Humulin R anticipating going off
    > this horrible thing. I have begun to feel like something on FX or
    > some other sci fi horror show.
    > Then if this were not bad enough the damn thing beeps, rings, makes
    > all kinds of alarms in the middle of the night. Half the time I can't
    > hear it but my husband does.
    > It is very easy to pick up a syringe and give yourself a pop when you
    > need it
    > rather than have this long tailed monster attached and by the way you
    > look really ugly with a huge lump at your waist or an extra boob.
    > It is also bac in most stores and especially trying to board a plane.
    > I have now doen this for three years and don't notice a lot of
    > difference in Bg's.
    > Although, the last one was 5.1 HgbA1C that is.
    > I has made me gain over one hundred pounds and I would rather be out
    > of control than to have this weight gain.
    > Zbrigid

    Tags:

  2. Zbrigid

    Zbrigid Guest

    Michel <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > On 19 Jul 2003, zbrigid wrote:
    >
    > If this is the way things are going for you (and I do understand
    > what you are up against) may I suggest you read my post of
    > yesterday on misc.health.diabetes called "Coming to grips
    > with human insulin (Was: Michel)".
    >
    > This is a highly viable alternative to MDI and the pump.
    >
    > Hope this helps,
    >

    > Michel
    >
    >I found your posting odd at best, illogical and downright strange bu

    thanks for the good thoughts.