Re: Going Off Pump

Randy Sigman

Guest
In misc.health.diabetes Zbrigid <[email protected]> wrote:
> Randy Sigman <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>>
>> I'm not a doctor, nor do I have type 2, or even type 1-1/2, so my
>> knowledge of what's best for you may not be great. I would like to
>> suggest, if you've not already done so, some fasting periods to
>> confirm whether or not those basals are appropriate.

> I have done this basically when I had an upper and lower GI. It was
> right on and couldn't have been better.

It should be something you do periodically. I find that my basals
have changed many times over the years in which I have been
monitoring them. Sometimes a change in activities or in meds can
cause a dramatic change in basal requirements.

I'm not trying to cause you to worry, only to alert you that what once
was great might be needing attention again.

>> whether you mentioned trying the oral meds for insulin resistance.
>> There is a wide variety from which to choose these days, and your

> I have tried every new drug that comes out and either they don't work
> or make me very ill, i.e., Glucophage and Glucophage XR. Those two
> earned me a couple of nights sleepover in the hospital.
> No fun. We are still trying for some answers. I have just been given
> two more tests.

Sorry to hear abou the bad drug experiences. I hope the new tests
prove beneficial.

Best,

Randy