Re: Good dealer - www.bitz4bikes.com

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by wheelsgoround, Sep 11, 2004.

  1. What your LBS /should/ offer you (and I'm sorry to say that many of
    them don't) is good advice and support.

    You may not get a headline price as low as you can get online but you
    should get the help you (may) need to ensure you get the right thing in
    the first place. You should also get the backup when problems arise.

    Let's all support our LBS and let's be prepared to tell them when their
    service isn't up to scratch. (Try to avoid saying to them "I can get
    it cheaper online" because that just annoys them)

    Ian

    Tags:

  2. A.Lee

    A.Lee Guest

    On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 10:34:27 -0700, wheelsgoround wrote:

    > What your LBS /should/ offer you (and I'm sorry to say that many of
    > them don't) is good advice and support.

    Read what I said again. I ordered from my LBS, knowing they would be
    dearer, I accept that, as being a good service.He then tried to order them
    for me from the Importer, and for many reasons, the Importer did not
    supply him. I then find another dealer has got them in stock, at a large
    price discount, and with next day delivery for £3.
    If the Importer cannot/will not supply the LBS, he is not going to make
    any money.Offering advice is not going to make any money, and I never pay
    to repair my bikes, so the only business he has from me is buying bits,
    which, increasingly, he cannot supply at any price.
    Alan.

    http://www.dvatc.co.uk - Off-road cycling in the North Midlands.