Re: GPS Mapping

druidh

Guest
Glaramaraman wrote:
> I guess this topic will have been debated before
>
> - however, can some one concisely explain to me why...
>
> ... on my Memory Map Navigator Software for The Lake District I have a c100m
> discrepancy between position:
>
> N 54degrees,30 seconds, E 3degrees and the Graticule Intersection marked on
> the map.
>
> This location is just SSE of the outflow from Grisedale Tarn near Fairfield.
>
> I have yet to take my GPS into the field - but my cursor shows a point
> approximately 100m ESE from the Graticule Intersection. as marked.
>
> I ask as I was idly thinking that such a spot would be a cool location for a
> Geocache - but only if I can determine exactly where to put the box!!
>
> glaramaraman

If I could understand the question, I might be able to help.

On my Anquet version of the same, I get exactly 54.30.0N, 3.0.0E when
the cursor is on the graticule.

druidh

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 23:45:27 +0000, druidh wrote:
> Glaramaraman wrote:
>> I guess this topic will have been debated before
>>
>> - however, can some one concisely explain to me why...
>>
>> ... on my Memory Map Navigator Software for The Lake District I
>> have a c100m discrepancy between position:
>>
>> N 54degrees,30 seconds, E 3degrees and the Graticule Intersection
>> marked on the map.
>>
>> This location is just SSE of the outflow from Grisedale Tarn near
>> Fairfield.
>>
>> I have yet to take my GPS into the field - but my cursor shows a
>> point approximately 100m ESE from the Graticule Intersection. as
>> marked.
>>
>> I ask as I was idly thinking that such a spot would be a cool
>> location for a Geocache - but only if I can determine exactly
>> where to put the box!!
>>
>> glaramaraman
>>

> If I could understand the question, I might be able to help.
>
> On my Anquet version of the same, I get exactly 54.30.0N, 3.0.0E
> when the cursor is on the graticule.
>

> druidh

I think Glaramaraman has entered the co-ord into a co-ord menu box and
it has actually placed the waypoint C100m ESE of the intersection....I
think!

Regards Jeff C

www.astrecks.co.uk

Remove yourbrain to reply