Re: GPS Mapping

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by druidh, Mar 14, 2005.

  1. druidh

    druidh Guest

    Glaramaraman wrote:
    > I guess this topic will have been debated before
    >
    > - however, can some one concisely explain to me why...
    >
    > ... on my Memory Map Navigator Software for The Lake District I have a c100m
    > discrepancy between position:
    >
    > N 54degrees,30 seconds, E 3degrees and the Graticule Intersection marked on
    > the map.
    >
    > This location is just SSE of the outflow from Grisedale Tarn near Fairfield.
    >
    > I have yet to take my GPS into the field - but my cursor shows a point
    > approximately 100m ESE from the Graticule Intersection. as marked.
    >
    > I ask as I was idly thinking that such a spot would be a cool location for a
    > Geocache - but only if I can determine exactly where to put the box!!
    >
    > glaramaraman

    If I could understand the question, I might be able to help.

    On my Anquet version of the same, I get exactly 54.30.0N, 3.0.0E when
    the cursor is on the graticule.

    druidh

    Tags:

  2. Jeff C

    Jeff C Guest

    On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 23:45:27 +0000, druidh wrote:
    > Glaramaraman wrote:
    >> I guess this topic will have been debated before
    >>
    >> - however, can some one concisely explain to me why...
    >>
    >> ... on my Memory Map Navigator Software for The Lake District I
    >> have a c100m discrepancy between position:
    >>
    >> N 54degrees,30 seconds, E 3degrees and the Graticule Intersection
    >> marked on the map.
    >>
    >> This location is just SSE of the outflow from Grisedale Tarn near
    >> Fairfield.
    >>
    >> I have yet to take my GPS into the field - but my cursor shows a
    >> point approximately 100m ESE from the Graticule Intersection. as
    >> marked.
    >>
    >> I ask as I was idly thinking that such a spot would be a cool
    >> location for a Geocache - but only if I can determine exactly
    >> where to put the box!!
    >>
    >> glaramaraman
    >>

    > If I could understand the question, I might be able to help.
    >
    > On my Anquet version of the same, I get exactly 54.30.0N, 3.0.0E
    > when the cursor is on the graticule.
    >

    > druidh

    I think Glaramaraman has entered the co-ord into a co-ord menu box and
    it has actually placed the waypoint C100m ESE of the intersection....I
    think!

    Regards Jeff C

    www.astrecks.co.uk

    Remove yourbrain to reply