Re: Grand Union Canal

Dave Larrington wrote on 04/09/2007 11:52:
> In news:[email protected],
> MartinM <[email protected]> tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell us:
>
>> I believe you need a permit but it's more of a disclaimer AIUI

> Permit can be downloaded from:
>
> http://www.waterscape.com/cycling/permit.html
>
> Free, gratis and for nothing.

So what's the point of it, exactly, if one can print it out as many
times as you like and it doesn't cost?

Peter

--
http://www.scandrett.net/lx/
http://www.scandrett.net/bike/

On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 21:43:11 +0100, Peter Scandrett
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Dave Larrington wrote on 04/09/2007 11:52:
>> In news:[email protected],
>> MartinM <[email protected]> tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell us:
>>
>>> I believe you need a permit but it's more of a disclaimer AIUI

>> Permit can be downloaded from:
>>
>> http://www.waterscape.com/cycling/permit.html
>>
>> Free, gratis and for nothing.

>So what's the point of it, exactly, if one can print it out as many
>times as you like and it doesn't cost?

Presumably it still shows that British Waterways have granted
_permission_ for you to use _their_ tow path. So that they can
withdraw that permission at any time in the future. A further guess
says it also prevents it from becoming a public right of way.

Tim