Re Groundhog day

Martinm

Guest
It has gone back to 27.5.04 several times this weekend,
sorry Vernon I cannot reply to your query it keeps saying
"unable to retrieve thread". The way I read is to view the
web pag, the way I post is either Post a message or Post a
follow up from the page. The site is definitely bust but not
so bust as to call out an engineer over the BH weekend.

"MartinM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> It has gone back to 27.5.04 several times this weekend,
> sorry Vernon I cannot reply to your query it keeps saying
> "unable to retrieve thread". The way I read is to view the
> web pag, the way I post is either Post a message or Post a
> follow up from the page. The site is definitely bust but
> not so bust as to call out an engineer over the BH
> weekend.

Use a newsreader rather than google.

--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks for email address

"Tumbleweed" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "MartinM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > It has gone back to 27.5.04 several times this weekend,
> > sorry Vernon I cannot reply to your query it keeps
> > saying "unable to retrieve thread". The way I read is to
> > view the web pag, the way I post is either Post a
> > message or Post a follow up from the page. The site is
> > definitely bust but not so bust as to call out an
> > engineer over the BH weekend.
>
> Use a newsreader rather than google.

I would if I knew how, does it involve hundreds of e-mails a
day in my inbox?

On 1 Jun 2004 04:47:01 -0700, MartinM wrote:
>> Use a newsreader rather than google.
>
>I would if I knew how, does it involve hundreds of e-mails
>a day in my inbox?

No, it's in a different account (or program even), and with
a similar view to the google thread view. "Subscribing" is
just a term to indicate: keep this group in your selected
group list. No messages are actively sent to you. Also, you
may set the newsreader to only retrieve the headers of new
messages when doing an update (similar to a page refresh in
google), and get complete message bodies ("download the
message") only after you click on the header.

Try http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/ or at least
http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/ before
using Outlook Express. To add a news account in those (or
any) programs, you need the name of the news server of your
isp. It's probably news.tiscali.co.uk Alternatively, try a
free text news account at http://news.individual.net/

Welcome to the real (usenet) world :)