General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: Guess my injury

Started by Runs With Knives · · Last activity · 5 posts · 315 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
6 June 2005
Last activity
8 June 2005
Original author
Runs With Knives
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
315
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. In article <[email hidden]>,
    Brian Link <[email hidden]> writes:
    [snip]

    Quoted message said:


    However, I still have some pain in my back and shoulder. I still have
    some numbness in a couple fingertips.


    [snip]

    Quoted message said:


    WTF is causing a problem with my curls? I'd expected a rotator-cuff
    injury ...


    [snip]

    Here's a really radical idea--just a thought, mind you: Go see a
    doctor and maybe get some X-rays? I don't know as that would be
    nearly as effective as guessing at what injuries you might have, or
    asking in a Usenet newsgroup, but you never know.

    --
    Jim Seymour | "It is wrong always, everywhere and
    WARNING: The "From:" address is a | for everyone to believe anything upon
    spam trap. DON'T USE IT! Use: | insufficient evidence."
    [email hidden] | - W. K. Clifford, ca. 1876

  2. On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 16:00:59 -0000, [email hidden] (Runs With Knives)

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,
    Brian Link <[email hidden]> writes:
    [snip]

    Quoted message said:


    However, I still have some pain in my back and shoulder. I still have
    some numbness in a couple fingertips.


    [snip]

    Quoted message said:


    WTF is causing a problem with my curls? I'd expected a rotator-cuff
    injury ...


    [snip]

    Here's a really radical idea--just a thought, mind you: Go see a
    doctor and maybe get some X-rays? I don't know as that would be
    nearly as effective as guessing at what injuries you might have, or
    asking in a Usenet newsgroup, but you never know.

    I wouldn't have asked here if I hadn't already seen a doctor.

    She basically told me I was fine, I'd be a little sore, but that
    things would get better over time.

    Day-to-day I'm pretty much unimpaired, it was just in going back to
    weight lifting (a topic supposedly discussed here with some
    competence) that I found some issues.

    Going back to the gym today. If I've still got issues I'll prolly just
    go back and see if she can take a closer look.

    BLink

  3. Brian Link said:

    On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 16:00:59 -0000, [email hidden] (Runs With Knives)

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,
    Brian Link <[email hidden]> writes:
    [snip]

    Quoted message said:

    However, I still have some pain in my back and shoulder. I still have
    some numbness in a couple fingertips.

    [snip]

    Quoted message said:

    WTF is causing a problem with my curls? I'd expected a rotator-cuff
    injury ...

    [snip]

    Here's a really radical idea--just a thought, mind you: Go see a
    doctor and maybe get some X-rays? I don't know as that would be
    nearly as effective as guessing at what injuries you might have, or
    asking in a Usenet newsgroup, but you never know.

    I wouldn't have asked here if I hadn't already seen a doctor.

    She basically told me I was fine, I'd be a little sore, but that
    things would get better over time.

    Day-to-day I'm pretty much unimpaired, it was just in going back to
    weight lifting (a topic supposedly discussed here with some
    competence) that I found some issues.

    Going back to the gym today. If I've still got issues I'll prolly just
    go back and see if she can take a closer look.

    BLink

    My experience is that it only works to see a doctor if you've already
    figured out what's wrong with you and just need a doctor's help in
    treating it. Maybe some of you live in a world where doctors diagnose
    injuries in otherwise well people, but in MY world a sports injury gets
    "rest it" as the answer 100% of the time.

    Delenn

  4. Delenn said:
    Brian Link said:

    On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 16:00:59 -0000, [email hidden] (Runs With Knives)

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,
    Brian Link <[email hidden]> writes:
    [snip]

    >However, I still have some pain in my back and shoulder. I still have
    >some numbness in a couple fingertips.

    [snip]

    >WTF is causing a problem with my curls? I'd expected a rotator-cuff
    >injury ...

    [snip]

    Here's a really radical idea--just a thought, mind you: Go see a
    doctor and maybe get some X-rays? I don't know as that would be
    nearly as effective as guessing at what injuries you might have, or
    asking in a Usenet newsgroup, but you never know.

    I wouldn't have asked here if I hadn't already seen a doctor.

    She basically told me I was fine, I'd be a little sore, but that
    things would get better over time.

    Day-to-day I'm pretty much unimpaired, it was just in going back to
    weight lifting (a topic supposedly discussed here with some
    competence) that I found some issues.

    Going back to the gym today. If I've still got issues I'll prolly just
    go back and see if she can take a closer look.

    BLink

    My experience is that it only works to see a doctor if you've already
    figured out what's wrong with you and just need a doctor's help in
    treating it. Maybe some of you live in a world where doctors diagnose
    injuries in otherwise well people, but in MY world a sports injury gets
    "rest it" as the answer 100% of the time.

    Not for the first time, I'm glad I don't live in your world.

  5. In article said:

    My experience is that it only works to see a doctor if you've already
    figured out what's wrong with you and just need a doctor's help in
    treating it. Maybe some of you live in a world where doctors diagnose
    injuries in otherwise well people, but in MY world a sports injury gets
    "rest it" as the answer 100% of the time.

    You need to see a doctor who plays sports, preferably the same ones.

    Seth
    --
    Who cares? Shut up and lift. -- Watson (the pencil neck) Davis

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.