Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Re: Half Step and Granny - which front derailleur?

Started by Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com · · Last activity · 1 post · 458 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
19 May 2008
Last activity
19 May 2008
Original author
Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
458
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. James Thomson said:

    For reasons I won't bore you with, I'd like to try a half-step and granny
    gearing system. I'm willing to entertain suggestions that it's ill-advised,
    but I'd like to try it for myself all the same, and I have most of the parts
    I need to get started.

    Likely gearing will be 45-42-granny at the front, and either
    11-12-14-16-18-21-24-28 or 12-14-16-18-21-24-28-32 (eight of nine) at the
    rear.

    Questions:

    What front derailleur would you choose, and why?

    Given the above, what size granny would you shoot for?

    Shifters will be either older Campag Ergos, Shimano barcons, or downtube
    levers, so front indexing isn't an issue.

    Thanks,

    James Thomson

    Any road FD, adjusted well, will shift fine with the shifters you
    mentioned.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.