rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Re: Handle vs Weight on a 36

Started by legtod2 · · Last activity · 3 posts · 335 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
5 May 2008
Last activity
5 May 2008
Original author
legtod2
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
335
Views / 30 days
3

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I've experience both unicycles (29 & 36) with and with out T7.

    Weight addition of T7 is not noticable.

    Increased speed due to greater confidence and ability to tuck further
    forward and ride fast by at least 2 - 3 mph.

    I prefer a commuter unicycle equipted with a T7 then without.

    --
    legtod2

    Terry Fox & Trish Crandall...
    my inspiration in life.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    legtod2's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/15732
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/69687

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  2. I was riding up a very long bumpy rocky hill and I only had one hand on
    the t7 for most of the ride which made me think to myself "I should
    just get rid of this and save the weight". However on the 10 mile long
    1000' decent I remembered why I had it and it feels so good to have the
    handle as a stabilizer. Having the handle to hold onto with both hands
    is great. The only time I notice the weight of the handle is when I am
    riding not holding onto anything and you can feel it when you turn. The
    additional weight of the handle is comparable to having your camelback
    empty vs. full

    --
    unicyclist.ca

    http://www.Unicyclist.ca
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    unicyclist.ca's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/16025
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/69687

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  3. I rode during a little year on a daily basis with a pretty basic Qu-ax
    36er, with no handle at all (except the one from KH seat).

    That was great - because I had never tried any handle before on a
    36er.

    But then I changed my Qu-ax 36er to a Nimbus 36 *WITH* a T7 handle -
    more than 1 year ago. Since then, I continued riding it everyday, and I
    am now very used to the handle and how to get the most out of it (based
    on my own needs and practice).

    Personally, I am always having my right hand on the handle, and pretty
    rarely my left hand, because I find it better to use it to "finetune"
    my balance and better react to unexpected bumps or drops.

    Sometimes I volontarily try to do as if I did not have my T7 handle =>
    I really don't like the feeling at all (even though I do not have, and
    don't want to have, a similar type of handle on my other smaller
    unicycles). And I can for sure not sustain the same maximum speed in
    these conditions (even though that might partly come from the fact I
    have lost a little bit of confidence riding without the handle?).

    MY CONCLUSION IS THAT THE T7 HANDLE IS ABSOLUTELY GREAT!

    Yes it could be better, but it is really very precious as it is today.

    I am looking forward at buying the new KH36 frame as soon as it will be
    out, but I won't let my T7 handle go!!!!!

    Cheers, MadC.

    --
    madc-ccc
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    madc-ccc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1099
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/69687

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.