Re: "Handlebar organiser" for oversize bars

Tamyka Bell

Guest
On Sat, 13 May 2005, Derek wrote:

> I've just bought a new road bike and my light and computer (and bell!)
> don't fit on the 31.8 mm handlebars. I found a thing called a handlebar
> organiser that is basically a T piece that allows two pieces of
> equipment with 26 mm fittings to be mounted in one position on the
> handlebars. However, the part that mounts to the handlebars is also 26
> mm and is too small for my handlebars. Does anybody know of a handlebar
> organiser that will fit oversize bars? Preferably one that sits the two
> pieces of equipment one behind the other (rather than side by side).
>
> Thanks,
> Derek

Derek,

I encountered this problem. A cheap and easy solution is the use of
plastic cable ties or zipties, available from lots of places including the
auto section of Kmart where you can find them in fashion colours. My bell
and light are held on with these.

Tam