Re: Haro Cranks

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by TonyMelton, Sep 27, 2004.

  1. TonyMelton

    TonyMelton Guest

    I guess you're talking about 'the Haro Sub-C cranks'
    (http://www.harobikes.com/2004/parts/cranks.html). They're available in
    140, 165, 175 and 180mm lengths. Nice to have another crank option!

    --
    TonyMelton - Skinny butt

    Three new albums added to 'my photo gallery'
    (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albur10). Check it!
    TonyMelton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2118

  2. does anyone know if all haro spined crank arms are the same? i mean is
    the 8 spline standard to all haro cranks?

    --
    hungfromhooks - uni newbie

    Philip Barbosa

    people photographer- side show performer - newbie unicyclist

    Witness an average man, flesh skewered deeply and imbedded with shark
    fishing hooks! Marvel as a mere mortal fueled only by free will...
    Ferociosly Pulls, twists, and stretches hooked apendages to transform
    the pastey dermal landscape of his own hide and finally ascend to new
    heights, literally!" This is NO ILLUSION! What you will see is real...
    and remember ladies and gentlemen all this done without the assistance
    of his unicycle.
    hungfromhooks's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6954

  3. pwood

    pwood Guest

  4. mscalisi

    mscalisi Guest

    Nope, it's got to be the Sub-C's. I've been waiting for my 165's for
    months. My LBS tried to sell me some 10 spline Haro's that were "exactly
    the same"

    hungfromhooks wrote:
    > *does anyone know if all haro spined crank arms are the same? i mean
    > is the 8 spline standard to all haro cranks? *

    --
    mscalisi - Not such a newbie anymore
    mscalisi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4961

  5. mscalisi

    mscalisi Guest

  6. john_childs

    john_childs Guest

    The 'Haro website' (http://www.harobikes.com/) no longer lists the Sub-C
    cranks as a separate part. But it looks like some of their 2005 bikes
    still use the Sub-C crank so it should still be available.

    --
    john_childs - Guinness Mojo

    john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

  7. Crap! i had a client offer me a set of Haro cranks, well we'll see if
    they fit... he still has to drop them off.

    --
    hungfromhooks - uni newbie

    Philip Barbosa

    people photographer- side show performer - newbie unicyclist

    Witness an average man, flesh skewered deeply and imbedded with shark
    fishing hooks! Marvel as a mere mortal fueled only by free will...
    Ferociosly Pulls, twists, and stretches hooked apendages to transform
    the pastey dermal landscape of his own hide and finally ascend to new
    heights, literally!" This is NO ILLUSION! What you will see is real...
    and remember ladies and gentlemen all this done without the assistance
    of his unicycle.
    hungfromhooks's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6954

  8. smdO2

    smdO2 Guest

    hi
    Sorry to change the subject a little, but this just reminded me.

    I was browsing the 'odyssey bmx site'
    (http://www.odysseybmx.com/march04updates.html) a few days ago, and
    noticed the odyssey cranks will fit on a profile hub.

    Just thought someone might find this interesting/useful.

    Cheers
    Shaun

    --
    smdO2 - UniT is One
    smdO2's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7369

  9. went to my LBS a few days ago to look at novelty valve caps and saw in
    the display case a whole pile of 8spline cranks from different companys!
    im going in this week to see which ones will fit my KH hub.

    --
    hungfromhooks - uni newbie

    Philip Barbosa

    people photographer- side show performer - newbie unicyclist

    Witness an average man, flesh skewered deeply and imbedded with shark
    fishing hooks! Marvel as a mere mortal fueled only by free will...
    Ferociosly Pulls, twists, and stretches hooked apendages to transform
    the pastey dermal landscape of his own hide and finally ascend to new
    heights, literally!" This is NO ILLUSION! What you will see is real...
    and remember ladies and gentlemen all this done without the assistance
    of his unicycle.
    hungfromhooks's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6954

  10. has anyone else had sucsess retrofitting cranks onto a KH hub? or did
    you all just move to profiles after breaking or bending the KHs finally.

    --
    hungfromhooks - uni newbie

    Philip Barbosa

    people photographer- side show performer - newbie unicyclist

    Witness an average man, flesh skewered deeply and imbedded with shark
    fishing hooks! Marvel as a mere mortal fueled only by free will...
    Ferociosly Pulls, twists, and stretches hooked apendages to transform
    the pastey dermal landscape of his own hide and finally ascend to new
    heights, literally!" This is NO ILLUSION! What you will see is real...
    and remember ladies and gentlemen all this done without the assistance
    of his unicycle.
    hungfromhooks's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6954

  11. Klaas Bil

    Klaas Bil Guest

    On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 10:04:39 -0600, "hungfromhooks" wrote:

    >has anyone else had sucsess retrofitting cranks onto a KH hub? or did
    >you all just move to profiles after breaking or bending the KHs finally.

    Seeing your previous post, you probably mean the old style KH, with 8
    splines. I've heard that Haro sub-C cranks fit onto them.

    Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
    --
    "Deflating pi does not reduce calories, it just concentrates them. - billham"