Road Cycling · Public discussion

Re: Has ARBR Died and Gone to Hell?

Started by Edward Dolan · · Last activity · 5 posts · 393 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
15 February 2006
Last activity
16 February 2006
Original author
Edward Dolan
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
393
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. "Joel" <joelw135atcomcast.net> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    [...]

    Quoted message said:

    ARBR is it another news group? I can't seem to find it. Is there link
    information? Thanks.

    "alternate.recreation.bicycles.recumbent" is the full and correct name of
    our humble newsgroup. However, it is tedious in the extreme to write it out
    thus. Some few do other various abbreviations, but I think my solution is
    the best. ARBR is easy to write and easy to remember.

    But Joel, that is why I am so Great because I can see my way through
    conundrums like this. For your information, I am also a Great Saint. So if
    you ever feel that your soul needs saving, I will turn you in the right
    direction. In hard cases I may even refer you to the Spanish Inquisition.
    Your soul is at stake and it may be that you will have to be burned at said
    stake in order to save it. After all, your miserable body is nothing, but
    your immortal soul is everything. Thank God for the Spanish Inquisition!

    There now! Aren't you glad you posted to ARBR despite your doubts about it.

    Regards,

    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
    aka
    Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

  2. Edward Dolan said:

    "Joel" <joelw135atcomcast.net> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    [...]

    Quoted message said:

    ARBR is it another news group? I can't seem to find it. Is there link
    information? Thanks.

    "alternate.recreation.bicycles.recumbent" is the full and correct name of
    our humble newsgroup. However, it is tedious in the extreme to write it out
    thus. Some few do other various abbreviations, but I think my solution is
    the best. ARBR is easy to write and easy to remember.

    But Joel, that is why I am so Great because I can see my way through
    conundrums like this. For your information, I am also a Great Saint. So if
    you ever feel that your soul needs saving, I will turn you in the right
    direction. In hard cases I may even refer you to the Spanish Inquisition.
    Your soul is at stake and it may be that you will have to be burned at said
    stake in order to save it. After all, your miserable body is nothing, but
    your immortal soul is everything. Thank God for the Spanish Inquisition!

    There now! Aren't you glad you posted to ARBR despite your doubts about it.

    Regards,

    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
    aka
    Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota


    I will let you know in a few days. Do you know of any trike specific
    news groups? The only one I found was on Bentrider.

  3. Edward Dolan said:

    "Joel" <joelw135atcomcast.net> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    [...]

    Quoted message said:

    ARBR is it another news group? I can't seem to find it. Is there link
    information? Thanks.

    "alternate.recreation.bicycles.recumbent" is the full and correct name of
    our humble newsgroup. However, it is tedious in the extreme to write it out
    thus. Some few do other various abbreviations, but I think my solution is
    the best. ARBR is easy to write and easy to remember....

    Wrong Eddie,

    The proper name of the referenced newsgroup is
    "alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent", as a cursory observation of the message
    headers will reveal.

    --
    Tom Sherman - (In Transition)
    Post Free or Die!

  4. "Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    Edward Dolan said:

    "Joel" <joelw135atcomcast.net> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    [...]

    Quoted message said:

    ARBR is it another news group? I can't seem to find it. Is there link
    information? Thanks.

    "alternate.recreation.bicycles.recumbent" is the full and correct name of
    our humble newsgroup. However, it is tedious in the extreme to write it
    out
    thus. Some few do other various abbreviations, but I think my solution is
    the best. ARBR is easy to write and easy to remember....

    Wrong Eddie,

    The proper name of the referenced newsgroup is
    "alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent", as a cursory observation of the message
    headers will reveal.

    Are you crazy! Have you finally gone around the bend?

    alt. and rec. are not words, they are abbreviations for words. I have told
    Joel everything he will ever have to know about our address. He can look at
    the headers himself. What is the point in being computer literate if you are
    illiterate overall.

    Regards,

    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
    aka
    Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

  5. "Joel" <joelw135atcomcast.net> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    [...]

    Quoted message said:

    I will let you know in a few days. Do you know of any trike specific news
    groups? The only one I found was on Bentrider.

    Sorry, I am only here for rants and raves. However, you might want to do a
    Google search under HPV and see what turns up. Some dumbbells think trikes
    are HPVs.

    Regards,

    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
    aka
    Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.