Re: Has ARBR Died and Gone to Hell?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Edward Dolan, Feb 15, 2006.

  1. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    "Joel" <joelw135atcomcast.net> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    [...]
    > ARBR is it another news group? I can't seem to find it. Is there link
    > information? Thanks.

    "alternate.recreation.bicycles.recumbent" is the full and correct name of
    our humble newsgroup. However, it is tedious in the extreme to write it out
    thus. Some few do other various abbreviations, but I think my solution is
    the best. ARBR is easy to write and easy to remember.

    But Joel, that is why I am so Great because I can see my way through
    conundrums like this. For your information, I am also a Great Saint. So if
    you ever feel that your soul needs saving, I will turn you in the right
    direction. In hard cases I may even refer you to the Spanish Inquisition.
    Your soul is at stake and it may be that you will have to be burned at said
    stake in order to save it. After all, your miserable body is nothing, but
    your immortal soul is everything. Thank God for the Spanish Inquisition!

    There now! Aren't you glad you posted to ARBR despite your doubts about it.

    Regards,

    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
    aka

  2. Joel

    Joel Guest

    Edward Dolan wrote:
    > "Joel" <joelw135atcomcast.net> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > [...]
    >> ARBR is it another news group? I can't seem to find it. Is there link
    >> information? Thanks.

    > "alternate.recreation.bicycles.recumbent" is the full and correct name of
    > our humble newsgroup. However, it is tedious in the extreme to write it out
    > thus. Some few do other various abbreviations, but I think my solution is
    > the best. ARBR is easy to write and easy to remember.
    >
    > But Joel, that is why I am so Great because I can see my way through
    > conundrums like this. For your information, I am also a Great Saint. So if
    > you ever feel that your soul needs saving, I will turn you in the right
    > direction. In hard cases I may even refer you to the Spanish Inquisition.
    > Your soul is at stake and it may be that you will have to be burned at said
    > stake in order to save it. After all, your miserable body is nothing, but
    > your immortal soul is everything. Thank God for the Spanish Inquisition!
    >
    > There now! Aren't you glad you posted to ARBR despite your doubts about it.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
    > aka
    > Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

    I will let you know in a few days. Do you know of any trike specific
    news groups? The only one I found was on Bentrider.

  3. Edward Dolan wrote:
    > "Joel" <joelw135atcomcast.net> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > [...]
    > > ARBR is it another news group? I can't seem to find it. Is there link
    > > information? Thanks.

    > "alternate.recreation.bicycles.recumbent" is the full and correct name of
    > our humble newsgroup. However, it is tedious in the extreme to write it out
    > thus. Some few do other various abbreviations, but I think my solution is
    > the best. ARBR is easy to write and easy to remember....

    Wrong Eddie,

    The proper name of the referenced newsgroup is
    "alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent", as a cursory observation of the message
    headers will reveal.

    --
    Tom Sherman - (In Transition)
    Post Free or Die!

  4. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    "Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Edward Dolan wrote:
    >> "Joel" <joelw135atcomcast.net> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >> [...]
    >> > ARBR is it another news group? I can't seem to find it. Is there link
    >> > information? Thanks.

    >> "alternate.recreation.bicycles.recumbent" is the full and correct name of
    >> our humble newsgroup. However, it is tedious in the extreme to write it
    >> out
    >> thus. Some few do other various abbreviations, but I think my solution is
    >> the best. ARBR is easy to write and easy to remember....

    > Wrong Eddie,
    >
    > The proper name of the referenced newsgroup is
    > "alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent", as a cursory observation of the message
    > headers will reveal.

    Are you crazy! Have you finally gone around the bend?

    alt. and rec. are not words, they are abbreviations for words. I have told
    Joel everything he will ever have to know about our address. He can look at
    the headers himself. What is the point in being computer literate if you are
    illiterate overall.

    Regards,

    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
    aka

  5. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    "Joel" <joelw135atcomcast.net> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    [...]
    > I will let you know in a few days. Do you know of any trike specific news
    > groups? The only one I found was on Bentrider.

    Sorry, I am only here for rants and raves. However, you might want to do a
    Google search under HPV and see what turns up. Some dumbbells think trikes
    are HPVs.