Re: Headset replacement - The wrong way

"Dave Reckoning" <[email protected]> writes:

> "Wasatch5k" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Have you guys seen this tutorial? Ouch!
>>
>> http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/fix/headset2.htm
>>

> The first aid section is not much better. In fact I think they may use many
> of the same tools and methods. Perhaps the subject of this link wrote the
> headset page...http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/firstaid/scalpcut.htm

Seeing the pipe wrench applied to the bike in a couple of those photos
looks a bit scary, and just plain wrong.

I thought the first aid section was not bad. The thing is, it seems to
be written for someone who has seen a lot of wounds and has a pretty
good idea of what is serious and what isn't, but that person probably
doesn't need to read it in the first place, so it ends up seeming a bit
odd.