Re: Hein's Loose Lips May Have Sunk the SS Armstrong

B. Lafferty wrote:
> Pound accuse Verbruggen
>
> Le président de l'Union cycliste internationale, Hein Verbruggen, a lui-même
> donné les informations concernant le cycliste américain Lance Armstrong au
> quotidien L'Equipe qui l'a accusé de dopage, a affirmé jeudi le président de
> l'Agence mondiale antidopage, Richard Pound. ...
>
> http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/20050915_173000Dev.html

It's one thing to get excited about a hard-fought contest between
bicycle racers, whether the terms of competition are even or not,
doped or undoped, trained or untrained, Saiz, Bruyneel or Lefevre.

But it's another thing to get revved up over a tooth-and-nails
hard-fought purse-swinging competition between career bureaucrats
Pound and Verbruggen.

Let's try:

"A lone man is in the vanguard, his shirt is white and suit is blue,
his name is Richard Pound."

Naw, it just doesn't cut it. Among the great rivalries, Coppi-Bartali
it ain't. Nor even Armstrong-Ullrich nor Tchmil-Museeuw. I rank it
with Blijlevens-Julich. Or even Moreau-Sastre 2002, the Clobberfest
de la Core, which sadly ended in a no-decision.