Re: Helmet Poll: First Hand Experience

Bill Sornson wrote on 25/07/2006 18:39 +0100:

> Pathetic weasel move by a...yes, pathetic weasel.

Do I detect a sock puppet?

--
Tony

- Leonardo da Vinci

[email protected] wrote on 26/07/2006 01:56 +0100:
> Tony Raven wrote:
>
> <snipped>
>
>> And yet in your country a large number of mandatory helmet laws have
>> been passed and none repealed

> That is simply not true. The state where I now reside had an adult MHL
> which was repealed. Do check your facts prior to crowing, O Wonderous
> Raven.

So when you said in message
<[email protected]>:

> And, clearly, the adults here are none too concerned about a bicycle
> MHL for children, or they would have it repealed, as they did the adult
> motorcycle MHL.

you actually meant an adult bicycle MHL. Or are you being deceitful
above in trying to pretend an adult motorcycle MHL is an adult bicycle MHL?

Can anyone tell me a US jurisdiction that has repealed a bicycle MHL?

--
Tony

- Leonardo da Vinci

Tony Raven wrote:
> Jeff Starr wrote on 26/07/2006 00:58 +0100:
>>
>> Face it, you are a pathetic weasel and you do more harm than good,
>> for your cause.
>>

> Bill Sornson wrote on 25/07/2006 18:39 +0100:
>>
>> Pathetic weasel move by a...yes, pathetic weasel.

> Do I detect a sock puppet?

Please. With your AMAZING INTERNET SLEUTHING SKILLS, Shirley you can answer
your own troll.

Jeff just recognizes the /winning side/ when he sees it! ROTFL LOL ROTFL

"SMS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

>> Assuming that you haven't yet killfiled me, can we take it that if in
>> future I ask you to give citations to support your opinions, that you'll
>> give them? - of course, you needn't wait to be asked!

> If the requests are in the spirit of actually wanting the cites to learn
> something, then I'm happy to provide them. When they're just made to be
> obnoxious, they are ignored.

Can somebody who isn't in SMS's kill file reply to this to say I am actually
interested to know what data he has, and please can he post his references
again since it would take him about 2 seconds to post exactly the ones he's
talking about whereas it would take me significantly longer to find his old
ones and even then I couldn't be sure I've got the right ones.

clive

Tony Raven wrote:
> [email protected] wrote on 26/07/2006 01:56 +0100:
> > Tony Raven wrote:
> >
> > <snipped>
> >
> >> And yet in your country a large number of mandatory helmet laws have
> >> been passed and none repealed

> > That is simply not true. The state where I now reside had an adult MHL
> > which was repealed. Do check your facts prior to crowing, O Wonderous
> > Raven.
> >

> So when you said in message
> <[email protected]>:
>
> > And, clearly, the adults here are none too concerned about a bicycle
> > MHL for children, or they would have it repealed, as they did the adult
> > motorcycle MHL.

> you actually meant an adult bicycle MHL.

Are you telling me what I was thinking?

> Or are you being deceitful
> above in trying to pretend an adult motorcycle MHL is an adult bicycle MHL?

Geez, are *you* bring deceitful when you aver that my state (and Bill
sornson's state) have MHLs which, upon investigation, turn out to apply
only to children?

(And, of course, your response is that (to paraphrase) "a MHL is a MHL,
so don't quibble".)

And are *you* being deceitful when you say there are MHLs in sixteeen
states and, upon investigation, it turns out there are (generally
weakly enforced) MHL in some counties, some municipalities and some
POAs loosely scattered across sixteen states?

Wake up: what goes around comes around. If you are going to engage in
tricky, devious posting, expect to have the favor returned. Or do you
expect an indulgence because you are fighting a Crusade?

> Can anyone tell me a US jurisdiction that has repealed a bicycle MHL?

Can anyone name a US state with a state wide adult MHL?

Can anyone point to a member or members of any branch the US Federal
government who has proposed a national adult bicycle MHL in the US?

Bill Sornson wrote:
> Tony Raven wrote:
> > Jeff Starr wrote on 26/07/2006 00:58 +0100:
> >>
> >> Face it, you are a pathetic weasel and you do more harm than good,
> >> for your cause.
> >>

> > Bill Sornson wrote on 25/07/2006 18:39 +0100:
> >>
> >> Pathetic weasel move by a...yes, pathetic weasel.

> > Do I detect a sock puppet?

> Please. With your AMAZING INTERNET SLEUTHING SKILLS, Shirley you can answer
> your own troll.

Do you mean "amazing skills" like reading a header and using ARIN?

It's easier to just make half-assed allegations, right?

[email protected] wrote on 26/07/2006 12:40 +0100:

> Do you mean "amazing skills" like reading a header and using ARIN?
>
> It's easier to just make half-assed allegations, right?

If your best disguise can be discovered through the header and ARIN,
then you are pretty incompetent at disguising yourself.

--
Tony

- Leonardo da Vinci

Tony Raven wrote:
> [email protected] wrote on 26/07/2006 12:40 +0100:
> >
> > Do you mean "amazing skills" like reading a header and using ARIN?
> >
> > It's easier to just make half-assed allegations, right?
> >

> If your best disguise can be discovered through the header and ARIN,
> then you are pretty incompetent at disguising yourself.

So says a master of deception! How many sockpuppets do you run, O
Wonderous Raven? Do you have your hand up Burt's backside, for example?

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Geez, are *you* bring deceitful when you aver that my state (and Bill
> sornson's state) have MHLs which, upon investigation, turn out to apply
> only to children?

Let's see, the Sorni Swerve regarding laws was

a) the only people subject to them were the ones that break those laws
(e.g.the law forbidding homicide only applies to those who commit it); but
now it is

b) a law which only applies to the part of the population to which he
personally does not belong is not a law at all.

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 08:07:34 +0100, Tony Raven <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Jeff Starr wrote on 26/07/2006 00:58 +0100:
>>
>> Face it, you are a pathetic weasel and you do more harm than good, for
>> your cause.
>>

>Bill Sornson wrote on 25/07/2006 18:39 +0100:
> >
> > Pathetic weasel move by a...yes, pathetic weasel.

>Do I detect a sock puppet?

That's funny.

I believe I was the first one to refer to flaylor as a weasel, Bill
refined it with pathetic.

Well. keep up the good work.

Life is Good!
Jeff

In article <[email protected]>, SMS wrote:

>If the requests are in the spirit of actually wanting the cites to learn
>something, then I'm happy to provide them.

I'd like to learn something. Can you give the citations?

Tony Raven wrote:
> [email protected] wrote on 26/07/2006 12:40 +0100:
>>
>> Do you mean "amazing skills" like reading a header and using ARIN?
>>
>> It's easier to just make half-assed allegations, right?
>>

> If your best disguise can be discovered through the header and ARIN,
> then you are pretty incompetent at disguising yourself.

And that means that I'm Jeff Star (who's been posting here for years, btw)?

You paranoid, or joking?

:-D

Jeff Starr wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 08:07:34 +0100, Tony Raven <[email protected]>
> wrote:

>> Do I detect a sock puppet?

> That's funny.
>
> I believe I was the first one to refer to flaylor as a weasel, Bill
> refined it with pathetic.

Hey now! I've been calling weasels weasels since before you had the measles
and played with diesels! (Toy trains?)

Bill "a true classic never gets old (unlike, say, ME)" S.

Bill Sornson wrote:
> Tony Raven wrote:
> > [email protected] wrote on 26/07/2006 12:40 +0100:
> >>
> >> Do you mean "amazing skills" like reading a header and using ARIN?
> >>
> >> It's easier to just make half-assed allegations, right?
> >>

> > If your best disguise can be discovered through the header and ARIN,
> > then you are pretty incompetent at disguising yourself.

> And that means that I'm Jeff Star (who's been posting here for years, btw)?
>
> You paranoid, or joking?
>
> :-D

I wonder why Raven is concerned about sockpuppets. Unless, of course,
he runs a sock or two himself, or, at least, knows someone who does.

Bill Sornson wrote:
> Jeff Starr wrote:
> > On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 08:07:34 +0100, Tony Raven <[email protected]>
> > wrote:

> >> Do I detect a sock puppet?

> > That's funny.
> >
> > I believe I was the first one to refer to flaylor as a weasel, Bill
> > refined it with pathetic.

> Hey now! I've been calling weasels weasels since before you had the measles
> and played with diesels! (Toy trains?)
>
> Bill "a true classic never gets old (unlike, say, ME)" S.

Congratulations! You are the author of the 5000th post to this thread!

Your prize? The 2006 edition of "Bicycle Wit & Wisdom" by Tony
"Puppetmaster" Raven and Frank "Geezer Gazoo" Krygowski. It's chock
full of regurgitated statistics and uselesss data. Enjoy!!!

[email protected] wrote:
> Bill Sornson wrote:
>> Jeff Starr wrote:

>>> That's funny.
>>>
>>> I believe I was the first one to refer to flaylor as a weasel, Bill
>>> refined it with pathetic.

>> Hey now! I've been calling weasels weasels since before you had the
>> measles and played with diesels! (Toy trains?)
>>
>> Bill "a true classic never gets old (unlike, say, ME)" S.

> Congratulations! You are the author of the 5000th post to this thread!
>
> Your prize? The 2006 edition of "Bicycle Wit & Wisdom" by Tony
> "Puppetmaster" Raven and Frank "Geezer Gazoo" Krygowski. It's chock
> full of regurgitated statistics and uselesss data. Enjoy!!!

Can't keep the players straight without a program? "Grumpy Geezer Gazoo"
{tm} is Old Fogey Fogel -- from when he measured his noggin with a bulbous
helmet on it and I found a pic of the lovable green cartoon character.

Frank remains best known as "Pompous Gasbag" (no real panache but it's just
so /apt/). Ravin' is too schizophrenic to nail down pat with just one name.
(Decent bloke one minute; lying and low-down jerk the next.)

HTH! <eg>

Sorno

PS: was I /really/ the 5000th? I'd like to thank all the little "peasels"
(weasely people?)...

[email protected] wrote on 26/07/2006 13:32 +0100:

> So says a master of deception! How many sockpuppets do you run, O
> Wonderous Raven? Do you have your hand up Burt's backside, for example?

Why would I need to? I put my true name here and you can Google to find
out who I am - I've nothing to hide. I'm pleased to see that Sorni
decided to do the same after the issue was raised earlier. I see you
still hide, but not very well, behind an alias.

--
Tony

- Leonardo da Vinci

Bill Sornson wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > Bill Sornson wrote:

> >> Hey now! I've been calling weasels weasels since before you had the
> >> measles and played with diesels! (Toy trains?)
> >>
> >> Bill "a true classic never gets old (unlike, say, ME)" S.

> > Congratulations! You are the author of the 5000th post to this thread!
> >
> > Your prize? The 2006 edition of "Bicycle Wit & Wisdom" by Tony
> > "Puppetmaster" Raven and Frank "Geezer Gazoo" Krygowski. It's chock
> > full of regurgitated statistics and uselesss data. Enjoy!!!

> Can't keep the players straight without a program?

Oooops!

> "Grumpy Geezer Gazoo"
> {tm} is Old Fogey Fogel -- from when he measured his noggin with a bulbous
> helmet on it and I found a pic of the lovable green cartoon character.
>
> Frank remains best known as "Pompous Gasbag" (no real panache but it's just
> so /apt/). Ravin' is too schizophrenic to nail down pat with just one name.
> (Decent bloke one minute; lying and low-down jerk the next.)
>
> HTH! <eg>
>
> Sorno
>
> PS: was I /really/ the 5000th?

According to Google, you were #5000 on the RBT version of the thread!

> I'd like to thank all the little "peasels"
> (weasely people?)...

Speaking of weasels, when are you gonna fess up about Jeff Starr being
your sockpuppet? Or is it the other way around??? (I'm so confused!) ;-)

Tony Raven wrote:
> [email protected] wrote on 26/07/2006 13:32 +0100:
>

> > So says a master of deception! How many sockpuppets do you run, O
> > Wonderous Raven? Do you have your hand up Burt's backside, for example?
> >

> Why would I need to? I put my true name here and you can Google to find
> out who I am - I've nothing to hide.

That's a nice non-denial. (You're not denying running sockpuppets,
which is what you accuse Bill Sornson of doing.)

> I'm pleased to see that Sorni
> decided to do the same after the issue was raised earlier. I see you
> still hide, but not very well, behind an alias.

Riiight!!! I "hide" by posting from an email with a unique, registered
(to me!) domain name. And which leads to my website.

Lie much, sleazeball?

"Clive George" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "SMS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>> Assuming that you haven't yet killfiled me, can we take it that if in
>>> future I ask you to give citations to support your opinions, that you'll
>>> give them? - of course, you needn't wait to be asked!

>> If the requests are in the spirit of actually wanting the cites to learn
>> something, then I'm happy to provide them. When they're just made to be
>> obnoxious, they are ignored.

> Can somebody who isn't in SMS's kill file reply to this to say I am
> actually interested to know what data he has, and please can he post his
> references again since it would take him about 2 seconds to post exactly
> the ones he's talking about whereas it would take me significantly longer
> to find his old ones and even then I couldn't be sure I've got the right
> ones.
>
> clive

ROFLMBO!!!!

Sorry Clive, I know you mean well, but Straw Man Scharf is, without doubt, a
pathological liar, and you have as much chance of getting him to post
legitimate references as you have of getting Beavis & Butthead aka B***S**t
& Bozark to answer a straight question.