Re: help please w/road bike-mt bike hybrid

Richard

Guest
Thank you very very much everyone who answered my questions regarding the
road/mt bike hybrid (sorry I'm sending a group thank you). You saved me a
lot of time and hassle with finding out what works.

That's too bad about being stuck with the R440 group. I was hoping to have
more shopping options.

To explain a bit:

My girlfriend got me into cycling. She's more athletic than I am (played
Olympic level field hockey internationally) but is incredibly stubborn about
somethings (I stand more chance of knocking wall down with head). I seem to
have really caught on this year and have been zooming uphill, especially
thanks to the bike I built from ebay & nashbar scraps. Amazingly, she's
having a harder time keeping up (riding a Marin Bear Valley). I'd rather
ride together, but at this rate, I'll need to ride twice: once at my pace,
then once together. I was just hoping a really nice light bike would help,
and having it be homemade would be a more personal gift and cheaper (I'm
broke). I'm still hoping I can through persistence and subterfuge get her
to ride a real road bike, but knocking down that wall looks easier and
easier in comparison.

Richard wrote in message ...
>Thank you very very much everyone who answered my questions regarding the
>road/mt bike hybrid (sorry I'm sending a group thank you). You saved me a
>lot of time and hassle with finding out what works.
>
>That's too bad about being stuck with the R440 group. I was hoping to have
>more shopping options.
>
>To explain a bit:
>
>My girlfriend got me into cycling. She's more athletic than I am (played
>Olympic level field hockey internationally) but is incredibly stubborn

about
>somethings (I stand more chance of knocking wall down with head). I seem

>have really caught on this year and have been zooming uphill, especially
>thanks to the bike I built from ebay & nashbar scraps. Amazingly, she's
>having a harder time keeping up (riding a Marin Bear Valley). I'd rather
>ride together, but at this rate, I'll need to ride twice: once at my pace,
>then once together. I was just hoping a really nice light bike would help,
>and having it be homemade would be a more personal gift and cheaper (I'm
>broke). I'm still hoping I can through persistence and subterfuge get her
>to ride a real road bike, but knocking down that wall looks easier and
>easier in comparison.

Next time whilst out riding, complain of a bad back and swap positions. I
think I should say bikes.

Trevor

"Richard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Thank you very very much everyone who answered my questions regarding the
> road/mt bike hybrid (sorry I'm sending a group thank you). You saved me a
> lot of time and hassle with finding out what works.
>
> That's too bad about being stuck with the R440 group. I was hoping to

have
> more shopping options.
>
><SNIP>

I have used the R440 group on three bikes and it is fine.