Re: Hey Docs! Read the Peer Reviewed Journals instead of playing Golf!

Jan

Guest
>Subject: Re: Hey Docs! Read the Peer Reviewed Journals instead of playing
>Golf!
>From: "Robert Bronsing" [email protected]
>Date: 8/1/2003 11:47 PM Pacific Standard Time
>

>"Jan" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
>news:[email protected]...
>> >Subject: Re: Hey Docs! Read the Peer Reviewed Journals instead of playing
>> >Golf!
>> >From: "Bronsing" [email protected]
>> >Date: 7/31/2003 10:42 PM Pacific Standard Time
>> >

>> >Jan <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> >news:[email protected]...

>playing

>am

>> >People are very bad observers. This is a fact of life that one should

>take
>> >into account when assessing the value of their own experiences. Often

>what
>> >you think to be the truth, based on experience, is not at all what is

>going
>> >on. For example, in the courts many eye-witnesses didn't see what they'll
>> >report to have seen. This doesn't mean that they perjure themselves, but
>> >simply that their experiences are tainted by their believes. The same is
>> >true in everyday life. You'll find that what you may believe to be the

>case,
>> >often isn't when that experience is really put to the test.

>> Thank you for replying. I believe this explanation is bit off topic. I am

>not
>> talking about observing. That would fall into the category of show me and

>> will see.

>Experience is about observing. Observing is done in more ways than just
>seeing.

OK.

When I speak of experience, I am referring to this:

Something personally encountered, undergone, or lived through

The conscious events that make up an individual life

I beleive we base most decisions, thoughts and actions from what we have
experienced.

> Basically (before you get to your example) you are saying that people are
>too
>> stupid to understand their own real life experience. In that explanation,

>I see
>> an atheist attitude.

>That's a ******** argument.

But, of course, since atheists *think* they are enlighten and smarter than God.

It's really easy to dismiss any argument
>presented by anyone you may disagree with off hand as "an atheist attitude".

Nope, it comes from experience.

..> With underlying tones, that people who believe in alternative, don't
>really
>> know what is happening, maybe it's all placebo. Which leads us back to

>square
>> one.

>It just happens to be the truth.

Nope, that just happens to be YOUR opinion.

It just happenes to be true that there is a God.

> My guess would also be, theat you have no children.
>
>YABA. and NOYDB

That's exactly what I thought. Most people wouldn't think it was a big deal to
share that they had children. As a matter of fact that's WHERE many of their
experiences come from.

And it appears that even my guess made you angry.

Jan

>Subject: Re: Hey Docs! Read the Peer Reviewed Journals instead of playing
>Golf!
>From: [email protected] (Jan)
>Date: 8/2/2003 1:40 PM Pacific

>Something personally encountered, undergone, or lived through

oh no...now you are changing things...

YOU say YOU know that alt works cause YOU experienced (you say) so sort of
change in YOUR health...

whilst at the same time..you are taking Elavil and Neurontin...NOW if YOUR
experience was the be all and end all...WHY would YOU require EOM meds at
all???

>I beleive we base most decisions, thoughts and actions from what we have

>experienced.

so...if one has a golf ball sized lesion in their brains...they NEED an
"experience" that tells them what the logicial course of action is???

and does the neuro who removes the tumor from some kid need the EXPERIENCE of
having had one himself???

yikes old lady...and when you fall and break the hip..what EXPERIENCE will come
into play??? and what will the alties do for you???

hawki

hawki