General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: High fibre diet. Advice needed.

Started by Skinny · · Last activity · 1 post · 332 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
31 October 2004
Last activity
31 October 2004
Original author
Skinny
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
332
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. THE FOLLOW-UP ON THIS WAS SET TO UK.REC.GARDENING. I expect it's a troll.

    But if it's legit, I wonder if there's a relation to acid/alkali. Charts
    promoting an alkaline-producing diet show vegs as alkaline-producing, meats
    as acid-producing.

    Skinny
    ----------

    Roger said:

    Hello.
    I wonder if I could share something with you. I do this in the hope
    that you might be able to help me resolve a dietary problem.

    I was warden of an open house for a number of years. We ran special
    week-ends including all vegey ones. We also had a number of residents
    who were vegies. Two things have always stood out in my mind and in
    fact now puzzled me.

    /snip trollish details of digstive problems the vegetarians had/

    Quoted message said:

    (The red meat eating Anglo-Catholic High Church folks were quite
    different. Mind you they had bouts of "the scour" when venison was on
    the menu.)

    I have yet to get a convincing reason for the difference. I'm also not
    convinced that this is a natural outcome of eating so much vegetable
    material.

    The obvious thing would be to look at how the vegs were cooked. Asian vegs
    were cooked to softness, but very spicy and served over rice that retained
    some fiber. Modern veg diets often emphasize raw veg.

    Quoted message said:

    The problem is now quite acute because my Doctor has advised
    me, due to my advancing years, to eat more high fibre foods like veg
    and less red meat. Any thoughts on how to control the above problems
    would be welcomed. Especially from those of you who have increased
    your fibre intake.

    Roger.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.