Re: **Highjump Competition**

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by mornish, May 11, 2008.

  1. mornish

    mornish Guest

    I win at pecking :)

    I can peck up just about anything. seriously.

    --
    mornish

    email: mornish at gmail dot com
    'The National Dept Clock' (http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/)
    'definitely' (http://d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/)
    'California Mountain Unicycle Weekend 2008'
    (http://cmw08.blogspot.com/)

  2. ntappin

    ntappin Guest

    mornish wrote:
    > I win at pecking :)
    >
    > I can peck up just about anything. seriously.

    Helps to not weigh anything :p.

    --
    ntappin

    'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
    (http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)

  3. Danni

    Danni Guest

    mornish wrote:
    > I win at pecking :)
    >
    > I can peck up just about anything. seriously.

    Back it uP:D . I'm game for some pecking action.

    --
    Danni

    'Sliver Trials Course'
    'Calgary Trials Vid(1)'
    (http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=jUq7cjs9BbA) 'Birds
    and Trials Vid(2)'
    (http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=57dGuIs7fng)
    *)---':cool:, 1mHighJump*

  4. sp4rky-m4rky

    sp4rky-m4rky Guest

    Its no 102 but I hit 90cm the other day. Got onto a bin, it was
    square-ish and slightly sloped and stuff, shame I didnt have my camera.
    I will get it on film for my next vid. I can hit 82cm static pretty
    easy now. The main problem I have with high static hops is getting the
    distance sideways as well as the height and whipping the tyre under.
    Its just easyier to put in a small pre-hop and that sorts it all.

    Emile whats your highest hop with pre-hop?

    Hopfuly if it stays cool enough to ride I will try and get something
    filmed over the next few weeks.

    --
    sp4rky-m4rky

    '*U**n**i**c**y**c**l**e**.**c**o**m*'
    (http://www.unicycle.com/Gateway.asp)
    my 'pure trials vid' (http://www.vimeo.com/929928)
    my 'Year in vid'
    (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NR_FRoOqHBI#GU5U2spHI_4)
    learning 180 or 360 unispins? watch my 'unispin tutorial'
    (http://youtube.com/watch?v=gFCHDO1umlM)
    Want to glide? watch my 'ww tutorial'
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prrX0sY7QVo)

  5. Emile.m

    Emile.m Guest

    sp4rky-m4rky wrote:
    > Emile whats your highest hop with pre-hop?

    I'd say in the 70s.

    I do not like ot pre-hop with plastic pedals because my foot do not
    stay on place. I need metal pedals!

    --
    Emile.m

    Ntappin wrote:

    > I'm a butcher, and it took me like 10 minutes to get one nub off my
    > luna.

    2nd *)---TreFlip-'O,

    M'y galler' (http://tinyurl.com/23w828)y

  6. sp4rky-m4rky

    sp4rky-m4rky Guest

    Emile.m wrote:
    > I'd say in the 70s.
    >
    > I do not like ot pre-hop with plastic pedals because my foot do not
    > stay on place. I need metal pedals!

    I find my feet have less tendancy to move when I do a prehop. When I go
    static the action of whiping the wheel under sometimes leaves my feet
    slightly on the cranks.

    Today I gave myself a 30 min revision break (im pretty kind like that
    :p) I went out to land some hops. I was landing 86cm static with no
    real problems then I stuck a couple more peices of wood in and added a
    prehop and was hitting 90 most times. I quickly shot a bit of film,
    just need to edit it, its 4 mins at the moment.

    I was hiitng them probably 8 out of 10 times, I know I can go alot
    higher, 100cms not looking so big anymore:D

    I will get the vid up later, probably tomorrow, if anyones actualy
    intrested lol