Re: **Highjump Competition**

mornish

Guest
I win at pecking :)

I can peck up just about anything. seriously.

--
mornish

email: mornish at gmail dot com
'The National Dept Clock' (http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/)
'definitely' (http://d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/)
'California Mountain Unicycle Weekend 2008'
(http://cmw08.blogspot.com/)

mornish wrote:
> I win at pecking :)
>
> I can peck up just about anything. seriously.

Helps to not weigh anything :p.

--
ntappin

'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
(http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)

mornish wrote:
> I win at pecking :)
>
> I can peck up just about anything. seriously.

Back it uP:D . I'm game for some pecking action.

--
Danni

'Sliver Trials Course'
'Calgary Trials Vid(1)'
(http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=jUq7cjs9BbA) 'Birds
and Trials Vid(2)'
(http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=57dGuIs7fng)
*)---':cool:, 1mHighJump*

Its no 102 but I hit 90cm the other day. Got onto a bin, it was
square-ish and slightly sloped and stuff, shame I didnt have my camera.
I will get it on film for my next vid. I can hit 82cm static pretty
easy now. The main problem I have with high static hops is getting the
distance sideways as well as the height and whipping the tyre under.
Its just easyier to put in a small pre-hop and that sorts it all.

Emile whats your highest hop with pre-hop?

Hopfuly if it stays cool enough to ride I will try and get something
filmed over the next few weeks.

--
sp4rky-m4rky

'*U**n**i**c**y**c**l**e**.**c**o**m*'
(http://www.unicycle.com/Gateway.asp)
my 'pure trials vid' (http://www.vimeo.com/929928)
my 'Year in vid'
(http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NR_FRoOqHBI#GU5U2spHI_4)
learning 180 or 360 unispins? watch my 'unispin tutorial'
(http://youtube.com/watch?v=gFCHDO1umlM)
Want to glide? watch my 'ww tutorial'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prrX0sY7QVo)

sp4rky-m4rky wrote:
> Emile whats your highest hop with pre-hop?

I'd say in the 70s.

I do not like ot pre-hop with plastic pedals because my foot do not
stay on place. I need metal pedals!

--
Emile.m

Ntappin wrote:

> I'm a butcher, and it took me like 10 minutes to get one nub off my
> luna.

2nd *)---TreFlip-'O,

M'y galler' (http://tinyurl.com/23w828)y

Emile.m wrote:
> I'd say in the 70s.
>
> I do not like ot pre-hop with plastic pedals because my foot do not
> stay on place. I need metal pedals!

I find my feet have less tendancy to move when I do a prehop. When I go
static the action of whiping the wheel under sometimes leaves my feet
slightly on the cranks.

Today I gave myself a 30 min revision break (im pretty kind like that
:p) I went out to land some hops. I was landing 86cm static with no
real problems then I stuck a couple more peices of wood in and added a
prehop and was hitting 90 most times. I quickly shot a bit of film,
just need to edit it, its 4 mins at the moment.

I was hiitng them probably 8 out of 10 times, I know I can go alot
higher, 100cms not looking so big anymore:D

I will get the vid up later, probably tomorrow, if anyones actualy
intrested lol