Re: Hiya me E-friends - Bit of shocking news I just got today ;-(

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by RJM, Jan 29, 2006.

  1. RJM

    RJM Guest

    "Shaun aRe" <[email protected]>
    wrote in message news:[email protected]

    > I have been made redundant.

    That's tough.

    Advice?

    There are now several of you with capital sums. Consider
    getting in touch with one or two with whom you worked
    well together. Propose a joint venture. Buying a franchise
    is a useful first step if you're short of ideas. Meet as often
    as it takes to come up with a business plan, making sure
    not to commit the total amount of your funds. Work out a
    sum that will keep families etc ticking over, not forgetting
    that benefits are available. Take your business plan to the
    High Street. Having chosen a business (franchise perhaps)
    that you can show is viable (bringing in enough to provide
    the partnership minimum income with potential expansion
    based on the 24hr committment of the partners - ie you're
    the driving force and the work force) make your pitch with
    all the facts to hand. I recommend you look into businesses
    that have low labour costs, allowing you to take on staff as
    soon as possible - in other words no mothers in law etc in
    the mix (unless you're Asian of course in which case ignore
    this post). Catering franchises are a very good choice for a
    working investor or partnership. Profit margins are set high
    and the potential for cost savings throughout is useful. Ask
    any accountant.

    Note: The majority of workers made redundant dispose of
    their money as money. Sales of cars, domestic appliances,
    etc., booze and recreational drugs immediately rise steeply
    in areas where local companies go under, the skew lasting
    about a year.

    Good luck.

    Tags:

  2. Shaun aRe

    Shaun aRe Guest

    "RJM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "Shaun aRe" <[email protected]>
    > wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    > > I have been made redundant.

    > That's tough.

    Indeed, but welcome, in many ways - it's a kick, but one I have long needed.

    > Advice?
    >
    > There are now several of you with capital sums. Consider
    > getting in touch with one or two with whom you worked
    > well together. Propose a joint venture. Buying a franchise
    > is a useful first step if you're short of ideas. Meet as often
    > as it takes to come up with a business plan, making sure
    > not to commit the total amount of your funds. Work out a
    > sum that will keep families etc ticking over, not forgetting
    > that benefits are available. Take your business plan to the
    > High Street. Having chosen a business (franchise perhaps)
    > that you can show is viable (bringing in enough to provide
    > the partnership minimum income with potential expansion
    > based on the 24hr committment of the partners - ie you're
    > the driving force and the work force) make your pitch with
    > all the facts to hand. I recommend you look into businesses
    > that have low labour costs, allowing you to take on staff as
    > soon as possible - in other words no mothers in law etc in
    > the mix (unless you're Asian of course in which case ignore
    > this post). Catering franchises are a very good choice for a
    > working investor or partnership. Profit margins are set high
    > and the potential for cost savings throughout is useful. Ask
    > any accountant.
    >
    > Note: The majority of workers made redundant dispose of
    > their money as money. Sales of cars, domestic appliances,
    > etc., booze and recreational drugs immediately rise steeply
    > in areas where local companies go under, the skew lasting
    > about a year.
    >
    > Good luck.

    Again - thanks - good to know we can butt heads but you have more going on
    than just being a butt-head ',;~}~

    Your advice so far is _appreciated_.

    I have E-mailed myself your post to mull over some more - we were only a
    small (family) company, with about 12 employees at the time, all of quite
    different backgrounds and with diverswe personal interests, and I have some
    that I have been looking to for a future for a while, so I would need to
    give some thought to partnering up with anyone of the others. As for
    catering, well, I am a lover of cooking and food, not to mention a fanatical
    grower of chiles and lover of all things chile related - been looking at
    making this something of a business for a while - now, I have some time to
    invest, finally.

    Now, as for booze and recreational drugs - I am familiar enough already with
    such, and have no need to increase my uhhhmm, knowledge of such because of
    the sitiuation.

    The moneys may be paid to me as a lump sum, or as a weekly 'wage' - I do not
    know for certain, yet, but either way, the same portion I have already been
    allocating for such, will go to bills, household financial obligations etc.
    *PLUS* some more, the rest will be used well, and invested in future
    returns, one way or another.

    Again, thanks.

    Shaun aRe
    --
    CHEERS!

    |'o``o`'o`'|
    |'0'0'0'0|
    | |
    --------

  3. Sarah

    Sarah Guest

    "Shaun aRe" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]

    > "RJM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> "Shaun aRe" <[email protected]>
    >> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >>
    >> > I have been made redundant.

    >> That's tough.

    > Indeed, but welcome, in many ways - it's a kick, but one I have long
    > needed.
    >
    >> Advice?
    >>

    >sniped advice Again - thanks - good to know we can butt heads but you have
    >more going on than just being a butt-head ',;~}~
    >
    > Your advice so far is _appreciated_.
    >
    > I have E-mailed myself your post to mull over some more - we were only a
    > small (family) company, with about 12 employees at the time, all of quite
    > different backgrounds and with diverswe personal interests, and I have
    > some that I have been looking to for a future for a while, so I would need
    > to give some thought to partnering up with anyone of the others. As for
    > catering, well, I am a lover of cooking and food, not to mention a
    > fanatical grower of chiles and lover of all things chile related - been
    > looking at making this something of a business for a while - now, I have
    > some time to invest, finally.
    >
    > Now, as for booze and recreational drugs - I am familiar enough already
    > with such, and have no need to increase my uhhhmm, knowledge of such
    > because of the sitiuation.
    >
    > The moneys may be paid to me as a lump sum, or as a weekly 'wage' - I do
    > not know for certain, yet, but either way, the same portion I have already
    > been allocating for such, will go to bills, household financial
    > obligations etc. *PLUS* some more, the rest will be used well, and
    > invested in future returns, one way or another.
    >
    > Again, thanks.
    >
    > Shaun aRe
    > --
    > CHEERS!
    >
    > |'o``o`'o`'|
    > |'0'0'0'0|
    > | |
    > --------
    >
    >Hey Shaun, we're short of chile related products across in Barnsley!
    >There's a whole market open to you!

    My hubby makes a fantastic chile, garlic tomato thing to go in or on
    anything, but I'm sure you could create and sell us one better!
    How did the jerked meat go by the way?
    Good luck in finding a better job, take a few weeks if you can afford to,
    and get something you want to do...
    Selling chilie products in Barnsley?!!
    Sarah

  4. Shaun aRe

    Shaun aRe Guest

    "Sarah" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Shaun aRe" <[email protected]> wrote
    > in message news:[email protected]
    >>
    >> "RJM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >>> "Shaun aRe" <[email protected]>
    >>> wrote in message
    >>> news:[email protected]

    >>> That's tough.

    >> Indeed, but welcome, in many ways - it's a kick, but one I have long
    >> needed.
    >>
    >>> Advice?
    >>>

    >>sniped advice Again - thanks - good to know we can butt heads but you have
    >>more going on than just being a butt-head ',;~}~
    >>
    >> Your advice so far is _appreciated_.
    >>
    >> I have E-mailed myself your post to mull over some more - we were only a
    >> small (family) company, with about 12 employees at the time, all of quite
    >> different backgrounds and with diverswe personal interests, and I have
    >> some that I have been looking to for a future for a while, so I would
    >> need to give some thought to partnering up with anyone of the others. As
    >> for catering, well, I am a lover of cooking and food, not to mention a
    >> fanatical grower of chiles and lover of all things chile related - been
    >> looking at making this something of a business for a while - now, I have
    >> some time to invest, finally.
    >>
    >> Now, as for booze and recreational drugs - I am familiar enough already
    >> with such, and have no need to increase my uhhhmm, knowledge of such
    >> because of the sitiuation.
    >>
    >> The moneys may be paid to me as a lump sum, or as a weekly 'wage' - I do
    >> not know for certain, yet, but either way, the same portion I have
    >> already been allocating for such, will go to bills, household financial
    >> obligations etc. *PLUS* some more, the rest will be used well, and
    >> invested in future returns, one way or another.
    >>
    >> Again, thanks.
    >>
    >> Shaun aRe
    >> --
    >> CHEERS!
    >>
    >> |'o``o`'o`'|
    >> |'0'0'0'0|
    >> | |
    >> --------
    >>
    >>Hey Shaun, we're short of chile related products across in Barnsley!
    >>There's a whole market open to you!

    > My hubby makes a fantastic chile, garlic tomato thing to go in or on
    > anything, but I'm sure you could create and sell us one better!
    > How did the jerked meat go by the way?
    > Good luck in finding a better job, take a few weeks if you can afford to,
    > and get something you want to do...
    > Selling chilie products in Barnsley?!!
    > Sarah

    SAAAARAAAAHHHH! Come here - bring your rose with ya - now I'll swap it for a
    red one for ya, no charge! ',;~}~

    ',;~}~

    Shaun aRe

  5. >> Again, thanks.

    >> Shaun aRe

    >> Hey Shaun,

    > How did the jerked meat go?
    >
    > Sarah

    My God, are you crazy!!!
    _____
    Slack

  6. JohnH

    JohnH Guest

    > Your advice so far is _appreciated_.
    >
    > I have E-mailed myself your post to mull over some more - we were
    > only a small (family) company, with about 12 employees at the time,
    > all of quite different backgrounds and with diverswe personal
    > interests, and I have some that I have been looking to for a future
    > for a while, so I would need to give some thought to partnering up
    > with anyone of the others. As for catering, well, I am a lover of
    > cooking and food, not to mention a fanatical grower of chiles and
    > lover of all things chile related - been looking at making this
    > something of a business for a while - now, I have some time to
    > invest, finally.

    Boy, how this thread conjures memories.

    Many years ago I worked at a company designing computer automation systems
    for recording studios. Each customer was quite unique and I spent many
    sleepless nights in recording studios all over the world writing microcode
    for devices to talk to each other.

    The company happened to be located above a restaurant; one we frequented
    often after work. We often met there after work and joked how it's be so
    easy to pitch it all and open a hotdog stand.

    About 6 months after the company folded under it's own weight of rapid
    growth, I read an article in the local newspaper which told of a couple
    waitresses from the very same restaurant who opened a "high end" lunch cart.
    They are still doing quite well today.

    As for me, my masochistic side still insists I write code. ;)

    Luck be with you my friend. Who knows what opportunity awaits you....

  7. Shaun aRe

    Shaun aRe Guest

    "Slack™" <"Slack\"@½³.org"> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >>> Again, thanks.
    >>>
    >>> Shaun aRe

    >>> Hey Shaun,

    >> How did the jerked meat go?
    >>
    >> Sarah

    > My God, are you crazy!!!

    Heheheheh, whoop!

    Shaun aRe

  8. Shaun aRe

    Shaun aRe Guest

    "JohnH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    >> Your advice so far is _appreciated_.
    >>
    >> I have E-mailed myself your post to mull over some more - we were
    >> only a small (family) company, with about 12 employees at the time,
    >> all of quite different backgrounds and with diverswe personal
    >> interests, and I have some that I have been looking to for a future
    >> for a while, so I would need to give some thought to partnering up
    >> with anyone of the others. As for catering, well, I am a lover of
    >> cooking and food, not to mention a fanatical grower of chiles and
    >> lover of all things chile related - been looking at making this
    >> something of a business for a while - now, I have some time to
    >> invest, finally.

    > Boy, how this thread conjures memories.
    >
    > Many years ago I worked at a company designing computer automation systems
    > for recording studios. Each customer was quite unique and I spent many
    > sleepless nights in recording studios all over the world writing microcode
    > for devices to talk to each other.
    >
    > The company happened to be located above a restaurant; one we frequented
    > often after work. We often met there after work and joked how it's be so
    > easy to pitch it all and open a hotdog stand.
    >
    > About 6 months after the company folded under it's own weight of rapid
    > growth, I read an article in the local newspaper which told of a couple
    > waitresses from the very same restaurant who opened a "high end" lunch
    > cart. They are still doing quite well today.
    >
    > As for me, my masochistic side still insists I write code. ;)
    >
    > Luck be with you my friend. Who knows what opportunity awaits you....

    Heheheh, thanks John - it will work out ',;~}~

    Shaun aRe

  9. Robert

    Robert Guest

    Shaun aRe wrote:
> [...]

    > give some thought to partnering up with anyone of the others. As for
    > catering, well, I am a lover of cooking and food, not to mention a fanatical
    > grower of chiles and lover of all things chile related - been looking at
    > making this something of a business for a while - now, I have some time to
    > invest, finally.
    >
    > Now, as for booze and recreational drugs - I am familiar enough already with
    > such, and have no need to increase my uhhhmm, knowledge of such because of
    > the sitiuation.
    >
    > The moneys may be paid to me as a lump sum, or as a weekly 'wage' - I do not
    > know for certain, yet, but either way, the same portion I have already been
    > allocating for such, will go to bills, household financial obligations etc.
    > *PLUS* some more, the rest will be used well, and invested in future

    Maybe try to wrangle a job with Google. As they march towards planetary
    control, they must be hiring.

    Rob

  10. Robert

    Robert Guest

    Shaun aRe wrote:
    > "Sarah" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>"Shaun aRe" <[email protected]> wrote
    >>in message news:[email protected]
    >>
    >>>"RJM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>>news:[email protected]

    >>>Indeed, but welcome, in many ways - it's a kick, but one I have long
    >>>needed.

    >>>sniped advice Again - thanks - good to know we can butt heads but you have
    >>>more going on than just being a butt-head ',;~}~
    >>>
    >>>Your advice so far is _appreciated_.
    >>>
    >>>I have E-mailed myself your post to mull over some more - we were only a
    >>>small (family) company, with about 12 employees at the time, all of quite
    >>>different backgrounds and with diverswe personal interests, and I have
    >>>some that I have been looking to for a future for a while, so I would
    >>>need to give some thought to partnering up with anyone of the others. As
    >>>for catering, well, I am a lover of cooking and food, not to mention a
    >>>fanatical grower of chiles and lover of all things chile related - been
    >>>looking at making this something of a business for a while - now, I have
    >>>some time to invest, finally.
    >>>
    >>>Now, as for booze and recreational drugs - I am familiar enough already
    >>>with such, and have no need to increase my uhhhmm, knowledge of such
    >>>because of the sitiuation.
    >>>
    >>>The moneys may be paid to me as a lump sum, or as a weekly 'wage' - I do
    >>>not know for certain, yet, but either way, the same portion I have
    >>>already been allocating for such, will go to bills, household financial
    >>>obligations etc. *PLUS* some more, the rest will be used well, and
    >>>invested in future returns, one way or another.
    >>>
    >>>Again, thanks.
    >>>
    >>>Shaun aRe
    >>>--
    >>>CHEERS!
    >>>
    >>> |'o``o`'o`'|
    >>> |'0'0'0'0|
    >>> | |
    >>> --------
    >>>
    >>>Hey Shaun, we're short of chile related products across in Barnsley!
    >>>There's a whole market open to you!

    >>My hubby makes a fantastic chile, garlic tomato thing to go in or on
    >>anything, but I'm sure you could create and sell us one better!
    >>How did the jerked meat go by the way?
    >>Good luck in finding a better job, take a few weeks if you can afford to,
    >>and get something you want to do...
    >>Selling chilie products in Barnsley?!!
    >>Sarah

    > SAAAARAAAAHHHH! Come here - bring your rose with ya - now I'll swap it for a
    > red one for ya, no charge! ',;~}~
    >

    > ',;~}~
    >

    > Shaun aRe

    Can you become unemployed more often? We have a jiving party going on
    here. The world watches as Shaun becomes unemployed. That sort of thing.

    Rob ;-)

  11. Shaun aRe

    Shaun aRe Guest

    "Robert" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
> [...]

    >> fanatical grower of chiles and lover of all things chile related - been
    >> looking at making this something of a business for a while - now, I have
    >> some time to invest, finally.
    >>
    >> Now, as for booze and recreational drugs - I am familiar enough already
    >> with such, and have no need to increase my uhhhmm, knowledge of such
    >> because of the sitiuation.
    >>
    >> The moneys may be paid to me as a lump sum, or as a weekly 'wage' - I do
    >> not know for certain, yet, but either way, the same portion I have
    >> already been allocating for such, will go to bills, household financial
    >> obligations etc. *PLUS* some more, the rest will be used well, and
    >> invested in future returns, one way or another.
    >>
    >> Again, thanks.
    >>
    >> Shaun aRe

    > Maybe try to wrangle a job with Google. As they march towards planetary

    I'm a god and a FULLY ordained minister of my own religion - what need have
    I for world domination ?!?

    Shaun asRe ',;~}~
    --
    I have that exquisite feeling, the feeling that I was born a thousand years
    ago,