General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: Honeydew honey

Started by Doug Weller · · Last activity · 1 post · 199 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
17 May 2006
Last activity
17 May 2006
Original author
Doug Weller
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
199
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Nobody said:

    I bought some honeydew honey the other day. This is honey made from
    "honeydew" which is the secretions of certain sap-sucking insects, such as
    aphids or scale insects. The bees collect the honeydew, and process it just
    like they do nectar.

    This particular brand is "Airborne", www.airborne.co.nz, sold by Amazon.com.
    It comes from honeydew from scale insects that feed on beech tree sap. It
    tastes, looks, and feels a lot like regular honey, with perhaps a stronger
    and slightly bitter flavor. I like it a lot.

    I understand that there is honeydew honey from other parts of the world,
    such as from fir forests in Germany. I would be interesting in hearing if
    anyone has tried any of these.


    A bit late, but I've just bought some Honeydew Honey from Poland (along
    with some buckwheat honey). I think it's delicious. I like strong
    tasting honey and this is among the best I've ever had.

    I hadn't realized I'd had honeydew honey before, but I have had Pine honey
    and that is made from honeydew also.

    Doug
    --
    Doug Weller --
    A Director and Moderator of The Hall of Ma'at http://www.hallofmaat.com
    Doug's Archaeology Site: http://www.ramtops.co.uk
    Amun - co-owner/co-moderator http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Amun/

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.