Re: Horner and tour place your bets.

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by gym.gravity, Jun 14, 2005.

  1. gym.gravity

    gym.gravity Guest

    Rik Van Diesel wrote:
    > To those who care..............
    >
    > Will Horner make the tour team?
    > --I don't think they will, but I would like to see him go.

    I think he will. he was in the select group of yesterdays' climb and
    he got 11th in today's bunch sprint at tds. he's fresh and strong.

    > However if they do....
    > Will he finish?
    > --Yes he finishes.

    yes

    > Will he makes one of the long succesful breakaways?
    > --YES 100% if he is in the tour. I wouldn't be surprised to him make
    > more than one of them.

    yes, on bastille day:
    http://www.letour.fr/2005/presentationus/profil_12.html

    > Will he win a stage?
    > --No he will get beat at the line and finish 2nd.

    yes, on bastille day.

    Tags:

  2. gym.gravity wrote:
    > Rik Van Diesel wrote:
    > > To those who care..............
    > > Will he makes one of the long succesful breakaways?
    > > --YES 100% if he is in the tour. I wouldn't be surprised to him make
    > > more than one of them.

    > yes, on bastille day:
    > http://www.letour.fr/2005/presentationus/profil_12.html
    >
    > > Will he win a stage?
    > > --No he will get beat at the line and finish 2nd.

    > yes, on bastille day.

    Horner will get in a long two-man breakaway with BoogerD.
    The resulting sprint will be so horrifying that the
    jury will relegate both of them on aesthetic grounds.

  3. Bob Schwartz

    Bob Schwartz Guest

    [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Horner will get in a long two-man breakaway with BoogerD.
    > The resulting sprint will be so horrifying that the
    > jury will relegate both of them on aesthetic grounds.

    If that was going to happen it would have happened in
    the Amstel Gold race with LANCE.

    Bob Schwartz
    [email protected]

  4. gym.gravity

    gym.gravity Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > gym.gravity wrote:
    > > Rik Van Diesel wrote:
    > > > To those who care..............
    > > > Will he makes one of the long succesful breakaways?
    > > > --YES 100% if he is in the tour. I wouldn't be surprised to him make
    > > > more than one of them.

    > > yes, on bastille day:
    > > http://www.letour.fr/2005/presentationus/profil_12.html
    > >
    > > > Will he win a stage?
    > > > --No he will get beat at the line and finish 2nd.

    > > yes, on bastille day.

    > Horner will get in a long two-man breakaway with BoogerD.
    > The resulting sprint will be so horrifying that the
    > jury will relegate both of them on aesthetic grounds.

    well, now that he's on the Tour team, it's possible.