Re: Horner how low can you go.

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by [email protected], Mar 17, 2005.

  1. Rik Van Diesel wrote:
    > [email protected] (RacerX) wrote in message

    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Your a reject!!! Give the Guy a break. He is a cyclist. Does
    > > something he loves for a living. Can you say the same? I bet you
    > > would love to have done what he has...

    > Who are you talking about? Horner? If so I like Horner. I just think
    > that it is a shame the best stage racer (racing in the US) is now
    > riding for a club make a shit salary. If you think I would trade my
    > life for his you are sadly mistaken. Regardless my main thought is to
    > the hard times in cycling. We are a far cry for the glory days at
    > Saturn or Mercury. My suggestion for you is the follow the season and
    > tell me I was right or wrong in October. So can it until the ducks
    > fall where they may. I don't think Horner will reflect on 2004 as his
    > greatest year. Lets see if the team is still together. See if Horner
    > gives one red cent to those jokers when he wins less frequently and
    > single handedly.

    Its March now, but I'd think Horner would reflect back on 2004 as one
    of his greater years.

    Matt

    Tags:

  2. Chris M

    Chris M Guest

    You are replying to a thread that was dormant for 15 months. I suppose
    all of these people might reflect on 2004 and have revised opinions. My
    comment is that Horner apparently was making very good money racing in
    the US and took a salary cut for another shot at making an impression
    where the best cyclists make earn their pay. Sadly, the last time I
    checked he is not even starting MSR.

    I hope he can make this work for the sake of his family (I think he has
    3 kids).

  3. Tom

    Tom Guest

    Chris M wrote:
    > You are replying to a thread that was dormant for 15 months. I

    suppose
    > all of these people might reflect on 2004 and have revised opinions.

    My
    > comment is that Horner apparently was making very good money racing

    in
    > the US and took a salary cut for another shot at making an impression
    > where the best cyclists make earn their pay. Sadly, the last time I
    > checked he is not even starting MSR.
    >
    > I hope he can make this work for the sake of his family (I think he

    has
    > 3 kids).

    RVD said to check back with him in the fall. For some reason, we're
    just getting around to it now, and I'd have to say that yes, Horner
    had a great season in 2004 with his Webcor team. And they rode well
    for him in the races that were important to him to win.

    Tom