Re: Horner how low can you go.

Rik Van Diesel wrote:
> [email protected] (RacerX) wrote in message

news:<[email protected]>...
> > Your a reject!!! Give the Guy a break. He is a cyclist. Does
> > something he loves for a living. Can you say the same? I bet you
> > would love to have done what he has...

> Who are you talking about? Horner? If so I like Horner. I just think
> that it is a shame the best stage racer (racing in the US) is now
> riding for a club make a **** salary. If you think I would trade my
> life for his you are sadly mistaken. Regardless my main thought is to
> the hard times in cycling. We are a far cry for the glory days at
> Saturn or Mercury. My suggestion for you is the follow the season and
> tell me I was right or wrong in October. So can it until the ducks
> fall where they may. I don't think Horner will reflect on 2004 as his
> greatest year. Lets see if the team is still together. See if Horner
> gives one red cent to those jokers when he wins less frequently and
> single handedly.

Its March now, but I'd think Horner would reflect back on 2004 as one
of his greater years.

Matt

You are replying to a thread that was dormant for 15 months. I suppose
all of these people might reflect on 2004 and have revised opinions. My
comment is that Horner apparently was making very good money racing in
the US and took a salary cut for another shot at making an impression
where the best cyclists make earn their pay. Sadly, the last time I
checked he is not even starting MSR.

I hope he can make this work for the sake of his family (I think he has
3 kids).

Chris M wrote:
> You are replying to a thread that was dormant for 15 months. I

suppose
> all of these people might reflect on 2004 and have revised opinions.

My
> comment is that Horner apparently was making very good money racing

in
> the US and took a salary cut for another shot at making an impression
> where the best cyclists make earn their pay. Sadly, the last time I
> checked he is not even starting MSR.
>
> I hope he can make this work for the sake of his family (I think he

has
> 3 kids).

RVD said to check back with him in the fall. For some reason, we're
just getting around to it now, and I'd have to say that yes, Horner
had a great season in 2004 with his Webcor team. And they rode well
for him in the races that were important to him to win.

Tom