Re: How do you find time for N miles a day?

Scott

> I work 6 days a week with a commute that means I don't get home until 6pm.
> How do you all find time for these "N miles a day" rides? Get up super
> early? Go out as soon as you get home? And where do you typically go out
> to cycle? I'm into cycling on roads and other paved surfaces if that makes
> a difference.

Yes, it is hard. I've spent the last 2 years wishing
I was biking more, and accumulating a little extra girth
because of it. I used to ride an extra long way either
to or from work -- but then I started having to lug
computer(s) to/from work, and that lost its appeal. (I'm
also too cheap to buy panniers).

At some point, you have to stop making excuses and simply
do it. I'm at work at 6 ack emma -- so I have the time --
but not everyone has a flexible work schedule.

I think you should just put it in your schedule, say
1 or 2 days a week, and then do it. How about a long
lunch?

As to where to bike, that depends on where you live.
There's a nice 5-mile MUP at the end of my street,
and that MUP connects to a 10-mile MUP, and I can
combine the two for a nice ride. Otherwise I'd
ride in the street, although I like to zone out
while biking, sometimes, and that can be perilous
in traffic, even here in the bucolic midwest :)

scott