Re: How do you keep track of progress?

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Sam, Oct 1, 2004.

  1. Sam

    Sam Guest

    "Ignoramus4980" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I as I trying to modestly ramp up my running, to run for higher speeds
    > and longer distances, I would like to know if any of you use any free
    > methods of tracking performance and progress (or lack thereof). Any
    > suggestions for spreadsheet type solutions? Maybe there is some
    > freeware or some such that I could use? A linux based programwould be
    > preferred. Thanks...

    I use Excel sheet I made myself.

    Aside from races (the ultimate measure of performance), I do frequent
    "field" tests. For instance, I do a 6 minute all out run. The farther I
    go, the faster I am getting. I also use this data to set training
    intensities. I also use my regular lactate threshold runs as a good check
    on fitness.

    There are numerous websites that allow free logging of training. I just
    found them to be more trouble for me than they were worth.