Re: How many bents are in your neighborhood?

Edward Dolan

Guest
<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> If you were to up the distance to say - 10 miles that would bring the
> total to ... erh.... 0
>
> Everso
>
> [email protected] (Bill B) wrote:
>
> >Not counting your own bents post the # of bents that you know of with
> >in a 3 mile radius of your home.My count for my hood is 5 TE's,1
> >stratus,2 giros,3 bike E's, 1 Vision 40,2 P38's,1 RANS Rocket,1 RANS
> >Screamer,3 Cycle genius's,2 cannondale's and 2 whizz wheel trikes. Now
> >I slightly know most of these bent owners . I make a effort to
> >introduce myself and try to engage in bent talk with other benters.How
> >about you?
> >Bill

Bill, here on the high plains of SW Minnesota within 3 miles of my home town
there are 4 Visions, 5 Tour Easy's (all home made from plans) and l
Greenspeed and I have been the inspiration for all of them. However, I have
more recumbents in my stable than any one else I know of. That is because I
am slightly crazy. But I love recumbents and if they look different, then
they are different. I have never met a recumbent that I didn't like.

By and large, this is not good country for bicycles though because it is so
damn windy here all the time. Did you know that the Indians of Tierra del
Fuego regularly went mad from the constant howling winds they had to put up
with in their extreme southern Chile homeland. The g.d.winds just about ruin
cycling on the high plains. I have spent the last 30 years cursing the wind
and still it blows without let up. Maybe I am going insane myself like those
Indians of Tierra del Fuego. I will take hills any day over a constant
howling wind.

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota