Re: How many bents are in your neighborhood?

Sticker Jim

Guest
Unfortunately, none - in Barrie, ON.

I have heard tell that there is at least one bent (of unknown brand) and an
older retired gentleman with a Kett, a Greenspeed and a Swift, but I've
never seen them (and I'm out on the trikes, daily, all over town :)). Two
other homebuilders in Wasaga Beach, ON have built about 10 trikes between
them and our 17 or 18 trikes are about the only bents in our area.

I'm slowly trying to "flood" the area with trikes, but it's a slow, solo
effort. The LBS's believe there is absolutely no market for bents/trikes,
yet I am stopped frequently, and talked to at every stop sign/light about
trikes and bents.

We'll keep flicking matches and maybe a goodly bent "fire" can be started.
:)

> [email protected] (Bill B) wrote:
>
> >Not counting your own bents post the # of bents that you know of with
> >in a 3 mile radius of your home.My count for my hood is 5 TE's,1
> >stratus,2 giros,3 bike E's, 1 Vision 40,2 P38's,1 RANS Rocket,1 RANS
> >Screamer,3 Cycle genius's,2 cannondale's and 2 whizz wheel trikes. Now
> >I slightly know most of these bent owners . I make a effort to
> >introduce myself and try to engage in bent talk with other benters.How
> >about you?
> >Bill

"Sticker Jim" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Unfortunately, none - in Barrie, ON.
>
> I have heard tell that there is at least one bent (of unknown brand) and

an
> older retired gentleman with a Kett, a Greenspeed and a Swift, but I've
> never seen them (and I'm out on the trikes, daily, all over town :)). Two
> other homebuilders in Wasaga Beach, ON have built about 10 trikes between
> them and our 17 or 18 trikes are about the only bents in our area.
>
> I'm slowly trying to "flood" the area with trikes, but it's a slow, solo
> effort. The LBS's believe there is absolutely no market for bents/trikes,
> yet I am stopped frequently, and talked to at every stop sign/light about
> trikes and bents.
>
> We'll keep flicking matches and maybe a goodly bent "fire" can be started.
> :)
>
> > [email protected] (Bill B) wrote:
> >
> > >Not counting your own bents post the # of bents that you know of with
> > >in a 3 mile radius of your home.My count for my hood is 5 TE's,1
> > >stratus,2 giros,3 bike E's, 1 Vision 40,2 P38's,1 RANS Rocket,1 RANS
> > >Screamer,3 Cycle genius's,2 cannondale's and 2 whizz wheel trikes. Now
> > >I slightly know most of these bent owners . I make a effort to
> > >introduce myself and try to engage in bent talk with other benters.How
> > >about you?
> > >Bill

Was just one that I know of at the Johnson Space Center. A gentleman with a
2 wheel ASS, don't know what kind. Now there's two. I just got a Hellbent
ST24 for the ride in to work. Other than mine I don't know of another within
3 miles of my home.

YOP wrote:

> Was just one that I know of at the Johnson Space Center. A gentleman
> with a 2 wheel ASS, don't know what kind. Now there's two. I just got
> a Hellbent ST24 for the ride in to work. Other than mine I don't know
> of another within 3 miles of my home.

I am just up the street from JSC (Space Center and El Dorado) with a
Cycle Genius RDX.

Mike