Re: How to Become a Christian, Version 1.01

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD, Feb 18, 2005.

  1. It is written that Solomon asked for the ability to discern the truth:

    8 Your servant is here among the people you have chosen, a great
    people, too numerous to count or number. 9 So give your servant a
    discerning heart to govern your people and to distinguish between right
    and wrong. For who is able to govern this great people of yours?" 10
    The Lord was pleased that Solomon had asked for this. [1 Kings 3:8-10
    (New International Version)]

    May God add His blessings to the writing of His Word here on Usenet, in
    Christ's name.

    Amen.

    Truly, the door is too narrow to accomodate a person swollen with pride
    who wants to "demolish" others to prove his/her superiority:

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?A2642108A

    You will remain in my prayers, dear Bob, whom I love, in Christ's name.

    May you reject pride and accept Him as your personal Lord and Savior,
    someday, so that you too will have eternal life and the fascinating
    riches of His everlasting kingdom.

    Here's how:

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?I22222129

    Please note that God truly made this special link describing that He is
    the great "I am" and that His message is as simple as the number 2
    which is a number between 1 to 9 and reminds us of His 2 commandments,
    the 2 arms of the cross, the 2nd part of the Trinity, the 2 finger sign
    of the Prince of Peace [who remains *V*ictorious over death and satan],
    and the 2PD Approach. Let it not ever be written that Christ did not
    make His presence known here on Usenet :)

    Also, note that Exodus 16:16 continues to remind us that 16 oz plus 16
    oz makes 2 pounds, which is "a certain measure of weight," which is
    what "omer" literally means in Hebrew.

    Enter the 2PD-OMER Approach:

    http://www.heartmdphd.com/wtloss.asp

    At His service,

    Andrew

    --
    Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist

    **
    Suggested Reading:
    (1) http://makeashorterlink.com/?L26062048
    (2) http://makeashorterlink.com/?O2F325D1A
    (3) http://makeashorterlink.com/?X1C62661A
    (4) http://makeashorterlink.com/?U1E13130A
    (5) http://makeashorterlink.com/?K6F72510A
    (6) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I24E5151A
    (7) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I22222129

    Bob (this one) wrote:
    > Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:

    news:<[email protected]>...

    <http://tinyurl.com/5dtgd>
    > >>Says the words don't appear there anywhere.
    > >>
    > >>"Bible Word Search
    > >>Christ Notes
    > >>Home | Bible Search | Bible Commentary | Wallpaper
    > >>
    > >>Search Again: Preferences | Advanced Search
    > >>We had some trouble with your search:
    > >>
    > >>* Unfortunately, we were not able to find any verses that matched

    your
    > >>search for truth discernment in the Bible (King James Version).

    Please
    > >>use some of the following suggestions to refine your search:
    > >>o Check your spelling.
    > >>o Try other keywords. For example, instead of charity try love.
    > >>o Use fewer keywords. For example, instead of surely goodness and

    love
    > >>will follow me try goodness love.
    > >>o Remove common words and only use keywords or words that are

    unique
    > >>to the verse you are looking for. For example, instead of For he is

    > >>the living God and he endures forever use living God forever.
    > >>o Use the Advanced Bible Search to increase the power of your Bible

    > >>search.
    > >>Copyright 2001-2004 ChristNotes.org."
    > >>
    > >>So I tried it for other bible translations and none had it.

    > > <snipped --> http://makeashorterlink.com/?B13425869>
    > >
    > > Answer: Your difficulties with the Bible do not surprise me:
    > >
    > > http://makeashorterlink.com/?G33F51E69

    > Gee, it doesn't look like I have a difficulty at all. This URL
    > actually demolishes your claim about your spurious "gift."
    >
    > This one line says it all: "So I tried it for other bible

    translations
    > and none had it." None of the bible translations mentioned your "gift

    > of truth discernment." Period. No biblical support for it. No mention

    > of it. Yet another invention from the tortured imaginings of Chung's
    > unbalanced mind.
    >
    > Bob

    Tags:

  2. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:

    > Bob (this one) wrote:
    >
    >> Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Bob (this one)" <[email protected]> wrote

    >>> <snipped --> http://makeashorterlink.com/?Y29152A69>

    > <http://tinyurl.com/5dtgd>

    >>> <snipped --> http://makeashorterlink.com/?B13425869>
    >>>
    >>> Answer: Your difficulties with the Bible do not surprise me:
    >>>
    >>> http://makeashorterlink.com/?G33F51E69

    >> Gee, it doesn't look like I have a difficulty at all. This URL
    >> actually demolishes your claim about your spurious "gift."
    >>
    >> This one line says it all: "So I tried it for other bible translations
    >> and none had it." None of the bible translations mentioned your
    >> "gift of truth discernment." Period. No biblical support for it. No
    >> mention
    >> of it. Yet another invention from the tortured imaginings of
    >> Chung's unbalanced mind.
    >>
    >> Bob

    > It is written that Solomon asked for the ability to discern the
    > truth:

    No, that isn't what's written. Solomon asked for good judgement to be
    able to distinguish between right and wrong. All the information was
    available to him, what he wanted was to be able to evaluate it and
    form a proper judgement for fairness in governing. It didn't involve
    "knowing" things that weren't in evidence. It was about quality of
    judgement. Doesn't say anything about a "gift of truth discernment"
    anywhere in the bible. Solomon asked for wisdom to make good choices,
    not some circus mind-reading act.

    > 8 Your servant is here among the people you have chosen, a great
    > people, too numerous to count or number. 9 So give your servant a
    > discerning heart to govern your people and to distinguish between
    > right and wrong. For who is able to govern this great people of
    > yours?" 10 The Lord was pleased that Solomon had asked for this. [1
    > Kings 3:8-10 (New International Version)]

    "Too numerous to count or number?" Really? Imagine that - numbers
    didn't go that high. The literal, infallible, unarguable word, right...?

    Wasn't it you who said that failing reading comprehension marked the
    same mental deterioration as frequent neologisms? And still no
    biblical support for this self-serving "gift" of "truth discernment."

    Poor, poor Chung.

    Bob

  3. Fyi, coveting is still a sin, neighbor.

    You will remain in my prayers, dear Bob, whom I love, in Lord Christ's
    holy name.

    May you reject your pride and accept Him as your personal Lord and