Re: How to kill the taste of turmeric

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Scotti, Jan 16, 2005.

  1. Scotti

    Scotti Guest

    Turmeric is said to be the main ingredient in foods across India. Can
    you guess which country has the lowest account of cancer in the world?
    You guessed it! And not to mention that there is hardly ANY cancer in
    India from the research I have done. Food for thought!
    t r i l l i u m wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > [email protected] (Shankar Bhattacharyya) wrote:
    >

    > > Well, if you are contemplating how you will make your study double

    blind,
    > > nothing short of encapsulating the turmeric will work.

    > I doubt that would work. Tumeric has a distinctive enough taste the

    while
    > it's being digested in your gut you'll know what it is you swallowed

    when
    > you burp.
    >
    > I love the slightly astringent thing tumeric does to my mouth. My
    > favorite way to eat fish is for it to be coated in dry tumeric and

    fried
    > and then some ong choy and sambal belecan on the side (all of this

    over
    > jasmine rice).
    >
    > regards,
    > trillium

    Tags:

  2. PENMART01

    PENMART01 Guest

    > "Scotti" SAYS:
    >
    >Turmeric is said to be the main ingredient in foods across India.

    Who says? Americans consume more tumeric per capita than any other ethnic
    group. Tumeric is a significant ingredient in yellow mustard and Americans
    consume more yellow mustard just on their hotdogs than all the rest of the
    world together.

    ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
    *********
    Sheldon
    ````````````

  3. Hahabogus

    Hahabogus Guest

    "Scotti" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > And not to mention that there is hardly ANY cancer in
    > India from the research I have done.

    I'm horrified your research causes any cancer in India. But how much
    cancer does your research cause in the US?

    --
    Starchless in Manitoba.
    Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 5.6mmol or 101mg/dl

  4. Wazza

    Wazza Guest

    "Scotti" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Turmeric is said to be the main ingredient in foods across India. Can
    > you guess which country has the lowest account of cancer in the world?
    > You guessed it! And not to mention that there is hardly ANY cancer in
    > India from the research I have done. Food for thought!
    > t r i l l i u m wrote:
    > > In article <[email protected]>,
    > > [email protected] (Shankar Bhattacharyya) wrote:

    correlation does not prove cause and effect!
    cheers
    Wazza

  5. Louis Cohen

    Louis Cohen Guest

    Scotti wrote:
    > Turmeric is said to be the main ingredient in foods across India.

    Wrong. Onions, if anything. Changes in the price of onions cause
    public reactions like raising gasoline prices here.
    Can
    > you guess which country has the lowest account of cancer in the world?
    > You guessed it! And not to mention that there is hardly ANY cancer in
    > India from the research I have done. Food for thought!

    What else might be responsible for low cancer rates in India:
    - low meat consumption/high vegetable fiber diet so less risk of
    colorectal and stomach cancers
    - lower life expectency - fewer people live long enough to get cancer
    - fewer if any food additives
    - clean air in non-industrialized areas - much of India
    - less obesity because of lower intake and more exercise (but this is
    changing)
    - less tobacco use (but this is changing as well)

    For all of India's recent economic growth, there is a huge rural
    population with healthy lifestyles (hard physical work and high veg
    diets, all home cooked, when there is enough to eat) and limited access
    to health care and no money for soft drinks or tobacco.

    > t r i l l i u m wrote:
    >
    >>In article <[email protected]>,
    >>[email protected] (Shankar Bhattacharyya) wrote:
    >>

    >>>Well, if you are contemplating how you will make your study double

    > blind,
    >
    >>>nothing short of encapsulating the turmeric will work.

    >>I doubt that would work. Tumeric has a distinctive enough taste the

    > while
    >
    >>it's being digested in your gut you'll know what it is you swallowed

    > when
    >
    >>you burp.
    >>
    >>I love the slightly astringent thing tumeric does to my mouth. My
    >>favorite way to eat fish is for it to be coated in dry tumeric and

    > fried
    >
    >>and then some ong choy and sambal belecan on the side (all of this

    > over
    >
    >>jasmine rice).
    >>
    >>regards,
    >>trillium

    Regards

    Louis Cohen

    "Yes, yes, I will desalinate you, you grande morue!"

    Émile Zola, Assommoir 1877