General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: How to train for hot 10K?

Started by User · · Last activity · 1 post · 301 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
10 June 2005
Last activity
10 June 2005
Original author
User
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
301
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Running is clearly not your problem. You should probably consider
    spending more time biking and swimming. Try having some days where
    you swim 1 hour, then immediately bike for 2 hours. Or, you can do
    what I do -- commute 25 miles by bike to the pool, swim at least an
    hour, then ride back home. I don't know what the difference between
    your triathlon run split and stand-alone 10k split is, but if it is
    large (> 1 min/mile), that suggests you're not spending enough time
    biking and/or swimming.

    BillX said:

    I'm doing triathlons this year where the ending run is 10K. Today's
    race destroyed me with high humidity, temperature around 90, and no
    shade or clouds. Are there dietary and training changes I can make to
    adapt myself to these conditions? I'm almost 50 but still in good
    enough shape to break 40 minutes on a 10K when it's cold outside
    however as the temperature climbs above 60 my run falls apart.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.