Re: How to turn an Artistic Bike

unibiker

Guest
cjreeder wrote:
> *Once I can do circle wheelies on the bicycle, the motorcycle bug is
> going to bite again! :D :D :D
>
> Chris *

Chris,

I thought you could use a little inspiration. I’ve seen previous info on
this video, but many of the links have problems. Maybe this one will
work for a while.
For those who get bored with the two-wheeled stuff, don’t miss the
one-wheeled trials motorcycle (with no forks) at about the 6-minute
point of the video.

WARNING – 30 MEGS – But well worth the wait!
http://tinyurl.com/yw2aq

Cheers

--
unibiker - What is that thing anyway?

Jeff Baker
[email protected]
______________________________

Favorite comment (from a child) 'You can't do that. That's impossible.'
'Unibike Gallery' (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albun01)
unibiker's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/473

unibiker wrote:
> *
> Chris,
>

> WARNING – 30 MEGS – But well worth the wait!
> http://tinyurl.com/yw2aq
>
> Cheers *

Dude!! I've seen stunt vids before, but this one TOTALLY rocked! The
back tire lights with ease, there's balance even with no apparent
motion, and he never cares if he has two wheels on the ground to get a
good entrance. All with total playfulness of an Artisan.

Maybe I should dust off the old dirt bike before I sell it... I need a
better place to practice though.

Chris

--
cjreeder - Unycycling Fogie

Chris Reeder
the Ex-Unicyclist
http://www.reeder.unicyclist.com
cjreeder's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4735

cjreeder wrote:
> *he never cares if he has two wheels on the ground to get a good
> entrance.*

Not being from the motor world, Chris, what does this mean?

--
U-Turn - Member of Generation XO

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'

-- Dave Stockton

That was an awesome video. Total flatland friggin' freestyle for
motorcycles! I wonder what kind of competition it was, and where it was
held? I couldn't make out the language.

Notice two important points about that performance:

1. Big audience, which obviously bought tickets to be there. It's nice
to have an audience.

2. The guy was a total entertainer. Never was the audience out of his
mind; a great performance. Not just a bunch of tricks apparently being
performed for that guy's benefit alone. Something many of us unicycle
performers (Freestylers and Open-Xers) could learn from.

--
johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
"jfoss" at "unicycling.com"
www.unicycling.com

"That sucks." -- Ryan Atkins, at the bottom of a 10' cliff he just
jumped off at the 2003 California MUni Weekend, looking at his bent
seat.

U-Turn wrote:
> *Not being from the motor world, Chris, what does this mean? *

By "and he never cares if he has two wheels on the ground to get a good
entrance." I mean that when you usually watch sport bike riders
practicing stunts, there's a long smooth entrance before anything cool
happens. Like the rider will get nice and solid in a straight line for
a while, think twice a few times, then go for a single move like a
wheelie or stoppie or whatever. But this guy, he doesn't even care if
the bike is straight yet, he just pulls it up and wheelies it from
whatever angle he's at.

--

cjreeder wrote:
> *But this guy, he doesn't even care if the bike is straight yet, he
> just pulls it up and wheelies it from whatever angle he's at. *

He makes it look disgustingly easy. But don't be fooled. It is obvious
this guy is *very* practiced at what he's doing, and I wouldn't doubt if
his performance is all pre-planned, down to the directions of each turn
and what trick will be next. This makes him better in that he always
knows where he's supposed to be going.

--

johnfoss wrote:
> *He makes it look disgustingly easy. But don't be fooled. It is
> obvious this guy is *very* practiced at what he's doing...*

Oh, I KNOW how easy it's not. He is at one with his bike. He has
likely spent years on them doing wheelies etc.

--

cjreeder wrote:
> *
>
> Oh, I KNOW how easy it's not. He is at one with his bike. He has
> likely spent years on them doing wheelies etc. *

And LOTS of tires!

--

U-Turn wrote:
> *And LOTS of tires! *

Definitely!! The year I had my streetbike and was doing burnouts with
it, I probably went through ten back tires. About three of those I
bought new, the rest were halfway wornout freebies I salvaged off the
scrap heap of the local motorcycle shop. I know, I know, John is going
to say that isn't safe, using used tires. ;)

Here's a shot of my best handiwork:
http://jrquilting.com/jeremy/images/fig8.jpg

--

cjreeder wrote:
> *Here's a shot of my best handiwork:
> http://jrquilting.com/jeremy/images/fig8.jpg *

Whoa! Let's see, which skill level is _that_ figure 8?