General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: I'm Coming Out - LONG

Started by Saffire · · Last activity · 1 post · 256 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
8 November 2004
Last activity
8 November 2004
Original author
Saffire
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
256
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. In article <[email hidden]>,
    [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:

    So, I decided to go for more direct means. I started researching
    liposuction. I made an appt. with a highly recommended plastic surgeon in
    my area and went in for a consultation. He said I could get good results
    on my legs from lipo, but that a good bit of my abdominal paunchiness
    wasn't from fat, but was from sagging ab. muscles (don't know why, never
    had kids) and the only way to correct that would be a tummy tuck with
    muscle repair.

    You're very brave to "come out" on this here, Martha! I think the
    decision to have surgery is a very personal one. Frankly, my thighs and
    butt are getting so saggy after losing weight (being 49 might have
    something to do with it, too) that I would seriously consider getting
    them lifted/tucked/whatever if I could afford it. My lower half is also
    bigger proportionately than my upper half, though not as much as yours
    sounds like. It gives me nice curves, but it CAN be annoying sometimes
    :-) I still remember seeing a severely overweight, rather short woman
    in Target once whose lower half was CONSIDEREABLY larger compared to her
    upper half, and it was a startling sight (from behind, anyway) -- it
    made me wonder what I REALLY looked like to the people behind ME.

    You have clearly worked hard at getting your weight down and keeping
    your body in shape, and if, after all THAT you feel that it still needs
    a little help from a scalpel, then I say GO for it!

    --
    Saffire
    205/147/125 - 5'1.5"
    Atkins since 6/14/03
    Progress photo: http://photos.yahoo.com/saffire333

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.