Re: I quit smoking

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Nicky, Jan 21, 2005.

  1. Nicky

    Nicky Guest

    "Graphic Queen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >I decided to quit smoking and haven't had a cig since Monday.

    Good for you! Over the worst hurdle already, just have to keep on doing it.

    Nicky.

    --
    A1c 10.5/5.7/<6 Weight 95/79/72Kg
    1g Metformin, 75ug Thyroxine

    Tags:

  2. Pat

    Pat Guest

    : Funny thing is that every other time when I would try to quit I would
    : of course gain weight. That bummed me out enough to get right back to
    : smoking.
    :
    : We got our new scale today and the first thing I did was to weigh
    : myself, clothes on and not the first thing in the morning, and I lost
    : 17 lbs since the first of the year. This would be day 21 for me. I was
    : elated and this was all with me quitting smoking and all.
    :
    : GQ

    Smoking is just not worth it. I was just thinking about my mom today. At age
    57, the skin on her face kind of crinkled so that she looked at least 77.
    Then, at age 60, her voice changed to a baritone almost, so that she sounds
    like the two sisters on The Simpson's TV show. And that is not even
    counting the several minutes of wet coughing every morning and her
    complaining about how all that coughing makes her chest hurt. Oh, and the
    stroke she had in 2000 so now her right hand doesn't work right. But she
    weighs 122# and she is darned proud of that, you betcha!

    Pat in TX

  3. Saffire

    Saffire Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...

    > We got our new scale today and the first thing I did was to weigh
    > myself, clothes on and not the first thing in the morning, and I lost
    > 17 lbs since the first of the year. This would be day 21 for me. I was
    > elated and this was all with me quitting smoking and all.

    Good job!

    --
    Saffire
    205/144/125 - 5'1.5"