On one of the few occasions that I have overtaken a cyclist it was someone whose cadence was ridiculously high for a flat bit of road. It was obvious this person either didn't know how to change gears or a problem mechanically with his gears
Or he'd already done 80 miles and was knackered. Or was deliberately cycling at a high cadence to increase his aerobic workout and burn more bodyfat.
On one of the few occasions that I have overtaken a cyclist it was someone whose cadence was ridiculously high for a flat bit of road. It was obvious this person either didn't know how to change gears or a problem mechanically with his gears
Or he'd already done 80 miles and was knackered. Or was deliberately cycling at a high cadence to increase his aerobic workout and burn more bodyfat.
You'd have to see it to understand I think. The bike was going slow but the cadence was really high. Probably something like F1+R1 was being used or not far off it. He certainly didn't look like a serious cyclist doing a certain fitness regime. I'm sure in the right gear he would have had no problem keeping well ahead of me as he was much lighter and younger.