Re: I wont apologize for bursting your bubble.

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Mr-Natural-Health, Feb 24, 2006.

  1. [email protected] wrote:
    > Mr-Natural-Health wrote:
    > > "Thursday, February 23, 2006 E-mail this | Print page
    > > The Body Shop
    > > Are low-fat diets really healthy?
    > > http://www.courier-journal.com/apps...=/20060223/FEATURES03/602230315/1012/FEATURES
    > > By Bryant Stamford
    > > Special to The Courier-Journal
    > >
    > > Big news was released recently based on results from a research study
    > > in the Journal of the American Medical Association.
    > >
    > > The study reported that thousands of women who had changed their diet
    > > over an eight-year period (so it was lower in fat and included more
    > > fruits and vegetables) did not reduce their risk of heart disease when
    > > compared with another large group of women who made no dietary changes.
    > >

    > > A low-fat, high-fruit and vegetable diet is a waste of time, in other
    > > words. I looked at the headlines and sighed. This, according to Yogi
    > > Berra, was déjà vu all over again.
    > >
    > > It seems that when a research study reports results that go against the
    > > grain, it makes splashy headlines. However, despite results from this
    > > JAMA study, we all know that a healthy diet is a good thing.

    > Yes, that's right, ignore a $400mil study of 48,000 women over eight
    > years. It was only the largest and longest study ever done. It's much
    > better to rely on what we all know:, right? Like when we all knew the
    > world was flat, blood letting was the cure for pneumonia or that stress
    > and food caused most ulcers, right?

    Yes, it is better ignore all obviously flawed research studies.

    Try using commonsense for a change as this excellent article has
    indicated.
    http://naturalhealthperspective.com/food/whole-grains.html
    --
    John Gohde,
    Achieving good Nutrition is an Art, NOT a Science!

    The nutrition of eating a healthy diet is a biological factor of the
    mind-body connection. Now, weighing in at 18 web pages, the
    Nutrition of a Healthy Diet is with more documentation and
    sharper terminology than ever before.
    http://naturalhealthperspective.com/food/

    Tags:

  2. Mr-Natural-Health wrote:
    > [email protected] wrote:
    > > Mr-Natural-Health wrote:
    > > > "Thursday, February 23, 2006 E-mail this | Print page
    > > > The Body Shop
    > > > Are low-fat diets really healthy?
    > > > http://www.courier-journal.com/apps...=/20060223/FEATURES03/602230315/1012/FEATURES
    > > > By Bryant Stamford
    > > > Special to The Courier-Journal
    > > >
    > > > Big news was released recently based on results from a research study
    > > > in the Journal of the American Medical Association.
    > > >
    > > > The study reported that thousands of women who had changed their diet
    > > > over an eight-year period (so it was lower in fat and included more
    > > > fruits and vegetables) did not reduce their risk of heart disease when
    > > > compared with another large group of women who made no dietary changes.
    > > >

    > > > A low-fat, high-fruit and vegetable diet is a waste of time, in other
    > > > words. I looked at the headlines and sighed. This, according to Yogi
    > > > Berra, was déjà vu all over again.
    > > >
    > > > It seems that when a research study reports results that go against the
    > > > grain, it makes splashy headlines. However, despite results from this
    > > > JAMA study, we all know that a healthy diet is a good thing.

    > > Yes, that's right, ignore a $400mil study of 48,000 women over eight
    > > years. It was only the largest and longest study ever done. It's much
    > > better to rely on what we all know:, right? Like when we all knew the
    > > world was flat, blood letting was the cure for pneumonia or that stress
    > > and food caused most ulcers, right?

    > Yes, it is better ignore all obviously flawed research studies.
    >
    > Try using commonsense for a change as this excellent article has
    > indicated.
    > http://naturalhealthperspective.com/food/whole-grains.html
    > --
    > John Gohde,
    > Achieving good Nutrition is an Art, NOT a Science!
    >
    > The nutrition of eating a healthy diet is a biological factor of the
    > mind-body connection. Now, weighing in at 18 web pages, the
    > Nutrition of a Healthy Diet is with more documentation and
    > sharper terminology than ever before.
    > http://naturalhealthperspective.com/food/

    Wow, now I'm really impressed! This guy understands the mind-body,
    biological connection of eating a healthy diet. Whatever that is,
    LOL! And when one starts counting web pages of some random website
    as sceientific evidence, it doesn't do much to add to their
    credibility. But it does make me think that this kook is more
    interested in promoting the website than anything else.