Re: I'd watch out Glasgow Green area (NCN 75) cyclists.

Roger Thorpe

> Lets get back on topic.

I think that you're missing the subtle point that I was (and I think
Peter was) trying to make.
I'm not shocked by your use of the second strongest curse in the English
language (the strongest, of course is 'thatcher'), but I would prefer it
if you didn't. It's not that I mind swearing, it's just that that word
is a tiny bit misogynistic. It's not my place to tell you what to write,
of course, but I couldn't resist having a poke at you.
If you'd written 'pikey' by the way, the poke would have been much sharper.

Apparently a water pistol works wonders with dogs, by the way! Havent
tried it though.
--
Roger Thorpe

My email address is spamtrapped. You can work it out!

On 26 Feb, 10:08, Roger Thorpe <[email protected]>
wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > Lets get back on topic.

> I think that you're missing the subtle point that I was (and I think
> Peter was) trying to make.
> I'm not shocked by your use of the second strongest curse in the English
> language (the strongest, of course is 'thatcher'), but I would prefer it
> if you didn't. It's not that I mind swearing, it's just that that word
> is a tiny bit misogynistic. It's not my place to tell you what to write,
> of course, but I couldn't resist having a poke at you.
> If you'd written 'pikey' by the way, the poke would have been much sharper.
>
> Apparently a water pistol works wonders with dogs, by the way! Havent
> tried it though.

I had another incident today too. Some idiot had his dog off its lead.
Chased after me full tilt. I think the guy got it in time. All I heard
was a yelp behind me.

Peoples Palace is absolutely shocking in terms of dogs being off the
lead.

[email protected] wrote:

> On 26 Feb, 10:08, Roger Thorpe <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>>[email protected] wrote:
>>
>>>Lets get back on topic.

>>I think that you're missing the subtle point that I was (and I think
>>Peter was) trying to make.
>>I'm not shocked by your use of the second strongest curse in the English
>>language (the strongest, of course is 'thatcher'), but I would prefer it
>>if you didn't. It's not that I mind swearing, it's just that that word
>>is a tiny bit misogynistic. It's not my place to tell you what to write,
>>of course, but I couldn't resist having a poke at you.
>>If you'd written 'pikey' by the way, the poke would have been much sharper.
>>
>>Apparently a water pistol works wonders with dogs, by the way! Havent
>>tried it though.

> I had another incident today too. Some idiot had his dog off its lead.
> Chased after me full tilt. I think the guy got it in time. All I heard
> was a yelp behind me.
>
> Peoples Palace is absolutely shocking in terms of dogs being off the
> lead.

Have you ever read Richard's Bicycle book? I think that rouge* dogs were
a bugbear for him. I seem to remember pages on it. I don't think that
the owners have any idea of how damaged you could be by falling off,
even if the thing doesn't get its teeth into you.

*It's a typo, but I like it so I left it
Roger