Re: I'm bummed...

Rick & Cyndi

Guest
"Gregory Morrow"
<[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...

> Rick & Cyndi wrote:
>
>> I was supposed to have several coworkers over for a brunch this a.m.
>> Several said they would stop through and there were a few definites that
>> were to be on time... well, 2 1/4 hours later - no calls and no shows.

> :'(
>>

> Well look on the bright side: at least you won't have to bother inviting
> them over anymore...
>
> --
> Best
> Greg
> =======

No sh*t! LOL Thanks Greg. I needed that more than I'd like to admit. ;)

Cyndi

"Rick & Cyndi" <[email protected]> wrote in message

<snip great-looking recipes>

Thanks for posting the recipes, Cyndi! They look delicious! (I saved
your cheese soufflé recipe when you posted it way back when and make it
fairly often as a side dish--it's majorly yummy!)

I am sooooo sorry that no one showed up for your wonderful brunch. That
just plain sucks. You're right--their loss!

Mary

"Rick & Cyndi" <[email protected]> wrote in message

<snip great-looking recipes>

Thanks for posting the recipes, Cyndi! They look delicious! (I saved
your cheese soufflé recipe when you posted it way back when and make it
fairly often as a side dish--it's majorly yummy!)

I am sooooo sorry that no one showed up for your wonderful brunch. That
just plain sucks. You're right--their loss!

Mary

Thanks for posting the recipes! Your co-workers don't know what they
missed.

Thank you for posting these, Cyndi! Now, you're sharing with the world,
instead of just your ungrateful co-workers. :)

Carol

Rick & Cyndi wrote:
>> "MareCat" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> "Rick & Cyndi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>
>>> <snip great-looking recipes>
>>>

>>> Thanks for posting the recipes, Cyndi! They look delicious! (I
>>> saved your cheese soufflé recipe when you posted it way back when
>>> and make it fairly often as a side dish--it's majorly yummy!)
>>>
>>> I am sooooo sorry that no one showed up for your wonderful brunch.
>>> That just plain sucks. You're right--their loss!
>>>
>>> Mary
>>> =======

>> {{hugs}} Thanks Mary. Freakin' idiots...! <SNORT>
>>
>> I just hope I'm in a more forgiving mood by Monday... otherwise, the
>> whole week will suck. <G>

Go into work smiling. When asked how the brunch went.. tell them it was
marvelous, that all the food turned out perfectly, you had tons of
compliments. Then walk away leaving them guessing. During a phone
conversation later in the day, within hearing distance of the office
"reporter" talk about how x (insert any name to make the gang wish they had
been there) was so generous to attend and support the cause. I wouldn't
give them the satisfaction of a predictable reaction that they will try to
"excuse" themselves out of. Just keep smiling coyly, making obscure
comments and let them wish they had been there. No sense in letting them
think they have the power or the importance to make you feel bad.

Debbie

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article <6E6Je.4095$Y2.693@trnddc09>, "Rick & Cyndi"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> (Recipes for great chow snipped)
>
>> Hashbrown Casserole - Based upon but alterred slightly from Damsel's
>> recipe

> (snip)
>> 28 oz bag of Ore Ida O'brian hashbrowns, thawed

> (rest of all of it snipped)
>
> Cyndi, make this thing with cooked, peeled, and diced red potatoes.
> A world of difference. Trust me. I've been making this thing for 20+
> years.

Perhaps she'll do that in the future for people who actually *show up* when
invited. As it is, I'm sure she's glad she didn't waste even more time and
effort in preparing the casserole.

I've made this in the crock-pot using frozen hash browns and a can each of
cheddar cheese soup and cream of celery and some milk. Sprinkle the top
with French's fried onions. Nothing('s) too good for my co-workers. (heheh)

Jill

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>> In article <6E6Je.4095$Y2.693@trnddc09>, "Rick & Cyndi"
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> (Recipes for great chow snipped)
>>
>>> Hashbrown Casserole - Based upon but alterred slightly from Damsel's
>>> recipe

>> (snip)
>>> 28 oz bag of Ore Ida O'brian hashbrowns, thawed

>> (rest of all of it snipped)
>>
>> Cyndi, make this thing with cooked, peeled, and diced red potatoes.
>> A world of difference. Trust me. I've been making this thing for 20+
>> years.

> Perhaps she'll do that in the future for people who actually *show up*
> when
> invited. As it is, I'm sure she's glad she didn't waste even more time
> and
> effort in preparing the casserole.
>
> I've made this in the crock-pot using frozen hash browns and a can each of
> cheddar cheese soup and cream of celery and some milk. Sprinkle the top
> with French's fried onions. Nothing('s) too good for my co-workers.
> (heheh)
>
> Jill
>
>=========

SNORT!!! Thanks Sis! Wish you'd been here...then we really could of
schemed... LOL

I think the last time I made it with Yukon Golds and it was great. I went
the 'easy' way this time because I knew (ok, thought!) I'd been racingthe
gun time-wise...

Cyndi

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>> In article <6E6Je.4095$Y2.693@trnddc09>, "Rick & Cyndi"
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> (Recipes for great chow snipped)
>>
>>> Hashbrown Casserole - Based upon but alterred slightly from Damsel's
>>> recipe

>> (snip)
>>> 28 oz bag of Ore Ida O'brian hashbrowns, thawed

>> (rest of all of it snipped)
>>
>> Cyndi, make this thing with cooked, peeled, and diced red potatoes.
>> A world of difference. Trust me. I've been making this thing for 20+
>> years.

> Perhaps she'll do that in the future for people who actually *show up*
> when
> invited. As it is, I'm sure she's glad she didn't waste even more time
> and
> effort in preparing the casserole.
>
> I've made this in the crock-pot using frozen hash browns and a can each of
> cheddar cheese soup and cream of celery and some milk. Sprinkle the top
> with French's fried onions. Nothing('s) too good for my co-workers.
> (heheh)
>
> Jill
>
>=========

SNORT!!! Thanks Sis! Wish you'd been here...then we really could of
schemed... LOL

I think the last time I made it with Yukon Golds and it was great. I went
the 'easy' way this time because I knew (ok, thought!) I'd been racingthe
gun time-wise...

Cyndi

Thanks for the recipes, Cyndi. I just *love* Now You're Cooking - took
me about 30 seconds to cut and paste the recipes into my "cookbook."

As to your miserable co-workers, why don't you just leave the menu
somewhere on your desk where it can be easily seen? That ought to push
a few noses out of shape <veg> I hope the whole damned, miserable,
misbegotten lot of 'em spend their entire lunch hours this week in
the drive through at Mickey D's behind a construction worker who's
been sent out to get food for a crew of 40.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

-- Duncan Hines

"Terry Pulliam Burd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 15:36:57 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Cyndi, make this thing with cooked, peeled, and diced red potatoes. A
>>world of difference. Trust me. I've been making this thing for 20+
>>years.

> Yahbut, peeling red potatoes is a pain in the tush. <sigh>
>
> (This from a woman who just spent the better part of today making a
> Raspberry Whipped Cream Truffle Cake for a family dinner tomorrow.)
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
> -----------

Peeling them? Why? I LOVE potato skins!!

Cyndi

"Terry Pulliam Burd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 15:36:57 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Cyndi, make this thing with cooked, peeled, and diced red potatoes. A
>>world of difference. Trust me. I've been making this thing for 20+
>>years.

> Yahbut, peeling red potatoes is a pain in the tush. <sigh>
>
> (This from a woman who just spent the better part of today making a
> Raspberry Whipped Cream Truffle Cake for a family dinner tomorrow.)
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
> -----------

Peeling them? Why? I LOVE potato skins!!

Cyndi

"Terry Pulliam Burd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> Thanks for the recipes, Cyndi. I just *love* Now You're Cooking - took
> me about 30 seconds to cut and paste the recipes into my "cookbook."
>
> As to your miserable co-workers, why don't you just leave the menu
> somewhere on your desk where it can be easily seen? That ought to push
> a few noses out of shape <veg> I hope the whole damned, miserable,
> misbegotten lot of 'em spend their entire lunch hours this week in
> the drive through at Mickey D's behind a construction worker who's
> been sent out to get food for a crew of 40.
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
> =========

<giggling at the thought...>

Thanks... giggles are nice.

Cyndi

"Terry Pulliam Burd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> Thanks for the recipes, Cyndi. I just *love* Now You're Cooking - took
> me about 30 seconds to cut and paste the recipes into my "cookbook."
>
> As to your miserable co-workers, why don't you just leave the menu
> somewhere on your desk where it can be easily seen? That ought to push
> a few noses out of shape <veg> I hope the whole damned, miserable,
> misbegotten lot of 'em spend their entire lunch hours this week in
> the drive through at Mickey D's behind a construction worker who's
> been sent out to get food for a crew of 40.
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
> =========

<giggling at the thought...>

Thanks... giggles are nice.

Cyndi

On 6 Aug 2005 17:31:31 -0700, "Alexis" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Sounds delicious! Recipe please?

Please don't hate me for this - it's pretty labor intensive (but WORTH
it!)

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Raspberry Whipped Cream Truffle Cake

desserts

----GLAZE----
1 c whipping cream
1/4 c unsalted butter; cut into pieces
2 tb sugar
16 oz semisweet chocolate; chopped
1 ts vanilla extract
------------------------------CAKE-
2 oz unsweetened chocolate chopped
2 c cake flour
2/3 c unsweetened dutch-process cocoa pow
1 ts baking soda
1/2 ts salt
2 c sugar
1/2 c unslated butter; room temperature (1
1 ; stick)
3 lg eggs
1 1/2 ts vanilla extract
1 1/4 c buttermilk
----------------------------FILLING
1 3/4 c plus 2 tablespoons chilled whipping
3 tb powdered sugar
2 ts framboise eau-de-vie; (clear raspberry
1 ; brandy; optional)
3/4 ts vanilla extract
2 c fresh raspberries or frozen unsweet
1 additional raspberries (optional)

For Glaze:

Combine cream, butter and sugar in heavy large saucepan. Stir over
medium heat until butter melts, sugar dissolves and mixture comes to
simmer.Remove from heat. Add chocolate and vanilla. Stir until
chocolate melts and glaze is smooth. Let stand until thick enough to
spread, stirring occasionally, about 1 hour. (Can be made 1 week
ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Before
using, whisk over low heat just until spreadable.)

For cake:

Preheat oven to 350F.

Butter two 9-inch-diameter cake pans with 2-inch-high sides. Line pan
bottoms with waxed paper; butter paper. Stir chocolate in top of
double boiler set over simmering water until melted. Remove from over
water.

Sift flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt into medium bowl. Using
electric mixer, beat sugar and butter in large bowl until well
blended. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating to blend after each addition
and occasionally scraping down sides of bowl. Mix in melted chocolate
and vanilla. Mix in dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk in 3
additions each. Transfer batter to prepared pans, dividing equally.

Bake cakes until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 35
minutes. Cool cakes in pans on racks 10 minutes. Cut around pan sides
to loosen cakes. Turn cakes out onto racks; peel off waxed paper. Cool
cakes completely. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Wrap tightly and store
at room temperature.)

For filling:

Using electric mixer, beat cream, powdered sugar, framboise (if
desired) and vanilla in large bowl until very firm peaks form.
Transfer 1 1/2 cups whipped cream mixture to small bowl and chill.
Fold 2 cups raspberries into remaining whipped cream mixture.

Cut each cake layer horizontally in half. Using large **** pan bottom
as aid, transfer 1 layer to platter. Slide waxed paper strips under
edges of cake. Spread 2/3 cup chocolate glaze over cake. Spread half
of raspberry whipped cream over. Place second cake layer on work
surface. Spread 2/3 cup glaze, then remaining raspberry cream over.
Place atop first layer, using **** pan as aid. Top with third cake
layer, pressing lightly to adhere (reserve fourth layer for another
use). Smooth filling at edges of cake. Spread thin layer
of glaze over sides of cake. Chill until glaze sets, about 10 minutes.

Spread remaining glaze over sides of cake. Spread or pipe reserved 1
1/2 cups whipped cream mixture over top of cake. Garnish with
additional berries, if desired. Gently remove waxed paper from under
cake. Cover cake with cake dome; chill at least 1 hour and up to 8
hours.

Contributor: Bon Appetit February 1996

Yield:
serves 12.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

-- Duncan Hines

> [...]

of glaze over sides of cake. Chill until glaze sets, about 10 minutes.

Spread remaining glaze over sides of cake. Spread or pipe reserved 1
1/2 cups whipped cream mixture over top of cake. Garnish with
additional berries, if desired. Gently remove waxed paper from under
cake. Cover cake with cake dome; chill at least 1 hour and up to 8
hours.

Contributor: Bon Appetit February 1996

Yield:
serves 12.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

-- Duncan Hines

"Terry Pulliam Burd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On 6 Aug 2005 17:31:31 -0700, "Alexis" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Sounds delicious! Recipe please?

> Please don't hate me for this - it's pretty labor intensive (but WORTH

WoW Terry!! That sounds amazing!!! I'm saving this and know who *not* to
make it for... Hardeharharhaaarrr! Snort!!

Seriously, YUMMMMMMMMMM!

Cyndi

THANKS for the recipe!!!!