Re: I'm bummed...

Goomba38

Guest
Melba's Jammin' wrote:

>>Uh oh... you mean, like one of those "free" dinners where people try to
>>sell you something or get you to volunteer? Perhaps they didn't come
>>because they felt it wasn't *really* a social brunch? Just *my* guess...
>>?

> See, now, Goomba, I kind of had that thought, too. Regardless, if they
> said they'd be there (and some did) then the only thing keeping them
> away should be a hospital bed with them in it. In the freakin'
> Emergency Room! and I can't believe that some people can't say "no" .
> Gutless wonders.

Oh I agree. If they said they'd be there, BE THERE. If they said "We'll
try" or "We'll seeeeeeeeeee" and they knew it was just a sales pitch
type event, they probably kinda blew it off thinking no one would notice
they're missing? Not necessarily nice, yet not quite as bad as ditching
out of a "social only" party, IMO. People dislike sales/volunteer events
given under the guise of a social event, bottom line.
Talk to any Tupperware/Amway/Pampered Chef hostess who ever tried to
call these functions "parties" and you'll probably hear how common it is
to be stood up.

"Goomba38" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:D[email protected]...
> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>
>>>Uh oh... you mean, like one of those "free" dinners where people try to
>>>sell you something or get you to volunteer? Perhaps they didn't come
>>>because they felt it wasn't *really* a social brunch? Just *my* guess...
>>>?

>> See, now, Goomba, I kind of had that thought, too. Regardless, if they
>> said they'd be there (and some did) then the only thing keeping them away
>> should be a hospital bed with them in it. In the freakin' Emergency
>> Room! and I can't believe that some people can't say "no" . Gutless
>> wonders.

> Oh I agree. If they said they'd be there, BE THERE. If they said "We'll
> try" or "We'll seeeeeeeeeee" and they knew it was just a sales pitch type
> event, they probably kinda blew it off thinking no one would notice
> they're missing? Not necessarily nice, yet not quite as bad as ditching
> out of a "social only" party, IMO. People dislike sales/volunteer events
> given under the guise of a social event, bottom line.
> Talk to any Tupperware/Amway/Pampered Chef hostess who ever tried to call
> these functions "parties" and you'll probably hear how common it is to be
> stood up.
>==========

I understand that; I've been a hapless guest to those..

No, this was UP FRONT, I walk for the AHA and am giving a Brunch to
potential Team mates - not the other way around.. NOT a brunch and BTW...
do/would you... Nope. This was entitled AHA Brunch. No guess work and
several conversations as to the whats and whys...

No excuses... well, maybe, if they're really, really creative and/or involve
death certificates...

Cyndi

Goomba38 <[email protected]> writes:

>out of a "social only" party, IMO. People dislike sales/volunteer events
>given under the guise of a social event, bottom line.

That's true, but Cyndi wasn't having a party and just not mentioning
the volunteer event attached. That's what makes people upset, when
you're invited to a party and then a couple days later the hostess
mentions, oh gee, we might be selling some stamps that night too...
Cyndi's event was not really under the guise of a social event, it was
intended to be a discussion of a volunteer group. So those who said
they would be there knew up front what it was about and if they didn't
want to come, they should have said so.
It's kind of rude to wanta free brunch but not want to consider
helping a charity though. Free food? Yes! Helping others? No way! ;)

Stacia