Re: In Departing ... My Final Words to Tom Sherman

[email protected] wrote:
> Why would you assume that I have any desire to turn you away from Ed
> Gin to my side? Don't flatter yourself. There is no possibility
> that I would ever be associated with you....

That is a relief! ;)

OK, so Mr. McNamara might not want me as an associate, but based on his
past postings that attempt to discredit Ed Gin, he wants others to shun
Ed Gin (unless everything Mr. McNamara posts about Ed Gin is a "load of
bull" and the whole conflict between Jim McNamara and Ed Gin is just an
Internet joke).

> I wouldn't have any of Ed
> Gin's hand-me-downs, least of all someone who defends the man. If I am
> frustrated at all, it is with your inability to comprehend rudimentary
> concepts. In other words no matter how many times I repeat something
> very simple, you seem unable to understand. Let me break it down for
> you by the numbers:
>
> 1. There is no popularity contest between Ed and me except in your
> imagination. Have you got that now?

Mr. McNamara's derogatory posts towards Ed Gin (if sincere) indicate a
desire to discredit Ed Gin (and therefore deprive Ed Gin of "reputable"
friends).

> 2. I have no compulsion to lure anyone away from Ed Gin. Have you got
> that now?

See above.

> 3. I am proud not to be associated with Ed Gin. Have you got that now?

Well, DUH!

> 4. I am proud not to be associated with some who are associated with Ed
> Gin and that includes you. Have you got that now?

The feeling is mutual. See my other message about how we can avoid each
other since we share relatively close geographical vicinity.

Mr. McNamara should consider moving to Worthington, Minnesota, so he
could hang out with Ed Dolan - I am sure they would become best friends
in no time.

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

> There is the internet and then there is real life.
> I know that there is bad behavior on the internet but there are good
> people even from Monkey Island.
> The HRS blog is satire and should be considered as such.
> I own a Bacchetta Aero. Its fast. So what. The NoCom is fast so what!
> Again, real life and the internet are two different things....

Kevin,

It is good to hear that you are NOT actually living in a dumpster in
Milwaukee.

--

Johnny Sunset <[email protected]> wrote:

> Kurt Fischer wrote:
> > I don't want to sound like Tom S...

> Kurt,
>
> Now I am insulted! ;)

Sorry, Tom, no offense intended, of course. But you're singular and
unique and I didn't want to look like a poor imitator of you. ;-)

> I thought you were planning to do a cartoon of me:

Yes, but IIRC I also wrote it wouldn't be easy. ;-)
At the moment my brain is full of many new and glorious ideas I'd like
to draw, but I don't have enough time at hands now. Perhaps when winter
finally sets in and it's too cold to ride. We have more than 10 inches
of snow already, but it's not really cold yet, just slightly below
freezing.

In case you are interested: here's the link to some pictures I shot
recently on a tour to Salzburg on my Anthrotech trike:

http://www.pixum.de/viewalbum/?id=1961695

Greetings from snowy Bavaria
Kurt

<[email protected]> wrote:

> Kurt Fischer wrote:

> > How can you know? Is this a fact or only a suspicion?

> Well,
> lets just say I was there when all of this **** went down.

Okay, at least I was right in my assumption that you have the right
connections. ;-)

> Take it or leave it. Did you view my slideshow? There is the truth.
> Everyone in real life getting along.

Unfortunately I cannot view the pictures, probably due to my old Mac,
but I never doubted that most of the guys could get along very well,
even after throwing "monkey poo" on each other via the net.

But considering the reactions over at BROL, it seems to me there are
some - if not many - who take this affair very seriously.

> HRS is not real. It is satire. Only a moron would take it seriously.
> I think that we have an unemployed graphics designer at work here in
> between jobs.

Yes, as I already wrote: Good, creative work, but very bad taste. ;-)

> But who can tell? Lots of creative writting too.

Do you think the owners of the HRS blog do the writing personally or did
they "hire" creative writers?

Regards,
Kurt

> Hey Kevin,
>
> What up with the Photodex site wanting to download a plug-in to view
> the pictures?
>
> I would have to disable my protection to view the pictures, which I am
> rather hesitant to do.
>
> P.S. What happened to your "At the Edge of the Dumpster" blog?
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

Tom,

Are using Firefox? My new computer is in the shop and I am on a 5 year
old computer.
Firefox won't work but internet explorer lets you view the pics. I
hardly think that this company is a threat to your computer. They make
excellent photo software and have been very helpfull to me anyway.
My new computer plays the site slideshows with Firefox. The old one
needs IE.
Anyway, I think its safe to loosen up the firewall or whatever you got
running to view the site.

MG

Kev,

Sorry for the delay in responding. Tom Sherman has kept me busy and I
had some errands to run that kept me tied up the better part of the
day. I'm not sure where the misunderstanding came in, but I know you
have nothing to to with the HRS blog site. You dared name names tha
correspond to what I have been calling the JAG Alliance [Jayson (Seth),
Arial (Alan) and Gin (Ed)]. Tom Sherman wil be on you like stink on
****. You know ... where's your difinitive proof to substantiate yout
accusations, etc., etc. etc.

I checked out your slide show. I just wish I didn't have to install a
plug-in and I sure was wishing that I had a broadband connection what
with the slide show being 30mb! that took a long time with a dialup
connection.

The conclusion that I came to was that those were different days back
20 months ago and times have changed since then.

JimmyMac

MG,

Well, a couple of those who are targets are unamused and and I don't
think they'll be doing any more rides together. By the way have you
noticed you and me in a compromising position on the HRS blog?

JimmyMac

"Johnny Sunset" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
[...]

Jim McNamara wrote:

>> 4. I am proud not to be associated with some who are associated with Ed
>> Gin and that includes you. Have you got that now?

> The feeling is mutual. See my other message about how we can avoid each
> other since we share relatively close geographical vicinity.
>
> Mr. McNamara should consider moving to Worthington, Minnesota, so he
> could hang out with Ed Dolan - I am sure they would become best friends
> in no time.

Jim McNamara is welcome to come to Worthington, Minnesota and visit with me
any time as I know him to be a scholar and a gentleman. Ed Gin on the other
hand is likely to get himself murdered if he comes anywhere near me. I have
dusted off the old shot gun just in case.

As for Tom Sherman, his defense of the indefensible means that he is also
not welcome to ever come near me. He can rot in the Fox River Valley for all
eternity and ride his confounded Sunset low racer with all his other low
racer scum buddies. He is nothing but a Monkey Islander himself at heart.

Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Tom,

Left my Script Sentry, WinPatrol, SpywareBlaster, AVG, ZoneAlarm all in
place. I disabled nothing to view the slide show, but uninstalled the
plug-in afterwards.

JimmyMac

Tom,

Left my Script Sentry, WinPatrol, SpywareBlaster, AVG, ZoneAlarm all in
place. I disabled nothing to view the slide show, but uninstalled the
plug-in afterwards.

JimmyMac

MG,

Firefox should work. At least Photodex intalls plugins for it. Can't
say for sure though as I use IE to view the slideshow, although I
almost exclusively use Firefox. Oh yeah. You do have to grant access
from your firewall.

SUCCESS: Created "C:\Program Files\Photodex Presenter"
SUCCESS: Created "C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Plugins"
SUCCESS: Created "C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Netscape"
SUCCESS: Created "C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Netscape\Plugins"
SUCCESS: Created "C:\Program Files\Photodex Presenter\uninst.exe"
SUCCESS: Created "C:\Program Files\Photodex Presenter\pxplay.exe"
SUCCESS: Created "C:\Program Files\Photodex Presenter\pxdown.exe"
SUCCESS: Created "C:\Program Files\Photodex Presenter\pxplay.ocx"
SUCCESS: Created "C:\Program Files\Photodex Presenter\ddt.dnt"
SUCCESS: Created "C:\Program Files\Photodex Presenter\about.px"
SUCCESS: Created "C:\Program Files\Photodex Presenter\accessdenied.px"
SUCCESS: Created "C:\Program Files\Photodex Presenter\buffering.px"
SUCCESS: Created "C:\Program Files\Photodex Presenter\complete.px"
SUCCESS: Created "C:\Program Files\Photodex Presenter\magic.px"
SUCCESS: Created "C:\Program Files\Photodex Presenter\intro.px"
SUCCESS: Created "C:\Program Files\Photodex Presenter\stalling.px"
SUCCESS: Created "C:\Program Files\Photodex
Presenter\streamnotfound.px"
SUCCESS: Created "C:\Program Files\Photodex Presenter\wrongversion.px"
SUCCESS: Created "C:\WINDOWS\Application
Data\Mozilla\Plugins\npPxPlay.dll"
SUCCESS: Created "C:\WINDOWS\Application
Data\Mozilla\Plugins\nsIPxPlay.xpt"
SUCCESS: Created "C:\WINDOWS\Application
Data\Netscape\Plugins\npPxPlay.dll"
SUCCESS: Created "C:\WINDOWS\Application
Data\Netscape\Plugins\nsIPxPlay.xpt"
SUCCESS: Installation completed

JimmyMac

MG,

There are good and bad people everywhere. I suspect that MI was no
exception. Although it is satirical, the HRS blog I feel has gone
beyond parody and satire. Is it to be taken seriously? No. Has it
often been in very poor taste? Yes.

JimmyMac

OK, so Mr. McNamara might not want me as an associate, but based on his
past postings that attempt to discredit Ed Gin, he wants others to shun
Ed Gin (unless everything Mr. McNamara posts about Ed Gin is a "load of
bull" and the whole conflict between Jim McNamara and Ed Gin is just an
Internet joke).

--> The conclusion drawn does not logically follow form the premise.
I've nothing at stake here. I've made up my mind and other are
entitled to to the same.

> I wouldn't have any of Ed
> Gin's hand-me-downs, least of all someone who defends the man. If I am
> frustrated at all, it is with your inability to comprehend rudimentary
> concepts. In other words no matter how many times I repeat something
> very simple, you seem unable to understand. Let me break it down for
> you by the numbers:

> 1. There is no popularity contest between Ed and me except in your
> imagination. Have you got that now?

Mr. McNamara's derogatory posts towards Ed Gin (if sincere) indicate a
desire to discredit Ed Gin (and therefore deprive Ed Gin of "reputable"
friends).

--> Another conclusion drawn that does not logically follow from the
premise. For someone who claims to know a lot about logic, you have
lots yet to learn. I don't make insincere posts. I've post facts. It
is not the posting that discredits, but rather the facts that are
posted.

> 2. I have no compulsion to lure anyone away from Ed Gin. Have you got
> that now?

See above.

--> You do that Mr. NON SEQUITOR!

> 3. I am proud not to be associated with Ed Gin. Have you got that now?

Well, DUH!

--> Bravo ... enlightenment, at last!

> 4. I am proud not to be associated with some who are associated with Ed
> Gin and that includes you. Have you got that now?

The feeling is mutual.

--> So then you are also proud not to be associated with some who are
associated with Ed Gin and that includes yourself??? Interesting.

See my other message about how we can avoid each
other since we share relatively close geographical vicinity.

--> Still waiting for the height, weight, eye and hair color.

Mr. McNamara should consider moving to Worthington, Minnesota, so he
could hang out with Ed Dolan - I am sure they would become best friends
in no time.

--> Mr. Sherman should consider becoming Ed Gin's "other woman".

> NOTE: Strange as this may seem. Ed Gin and I do have some friends in
> common, but I also have some friends who will have nothing to do with
> Ed Gin.

--> I expected no comment since this doesn't quite fit Mr. Sherman's
hypothesis.

JimmyMac

[email protected] wrote:
> Tom,
>
> Left my Script Sentry, WinPatrol, SpywareBlaster, AVG, ZoneAlarm all in
> place. I disabled nothing to view the slide show, but uninstalled the
> plug-in afterwards.

While the required plug-in MAY be harmless, I make it a policy not to
download executable files unless I know a lot more about them.

There are plenty of websites with "slide shows" that do not require
plug-ins.

--

Kurt Fischer wrote:
> Johnny Sunset <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Kurt Fischer wrote:
> > > I don't want to sound like Tom S...

> > Kurt,
> >
> > Now I am insulted! ;)

> Sorry, Tom, no offense intended, of course. But you're singular and
> unique and I didn't want to look like a poor imitator of you. ;-)
>

> > I thought you were planning to do a cartoon of me:

> Yes, but IIRC I also wrote it wouldn't be easy. ;-)
> At the moment my brain is full of many new and glorious ideas I'd like
> to draw, but I don't have enough time at hands now. Perhaps when winter
> finally sets in and it's too cold to ride. We have more than 10 inches
> of snow already, but it's not really cold yet, just slightly below
> freezing.
>
> In case you are interested: here's the link to some pictures I shot
> recently on a tour to Salzburg on my Anthrotech trike:
>
> http://www.pixum.de/viewalbum/?id=1961695

Kurt,

This storage container looks practical, but doesn't it add to the
already high center of gravity of the Anthrotech trike:
<http://www.pixum.de/members/cartoonist/?act=a_view&album=1961695&i_pos=10&page=2&ktw=18dc8fced217a7557940bec02b3666e1>?

Here in Chicagoland it is about -15C, and the salt/snow slush has
refrozen. A trike or studded tires are required for riding safely.

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley (Chicagoland)

Johnny Sunset <[email protected]> wrote:

> This storage container looks practical, but doesn't it add to the
> already high center of gravity of the Anthrotech trike:

Tom,

No, I've never had any problems staying upright(pun intended) in turns.
Though I have to confess I'm taking corners not as fast as Steve Beck.
;-)

<http://www.a-v-d.com/MOVIES/windQT.mov>

On the other hand I'm convinced a delta trike is better suited for
transporting heavy loads than a tadpole. The luggage placed quite low
between the rear wheels doesn't influence much the handling of the
trike.

My first trike for riding in winter was a delta: a Radius(later Hoening)
Trio:
http://www.liegeradinfo.de/hoe_trio.jpg

I didn't like the 16" front wheel and converted it to 20", big
improvement. The seat height was even higher than on the Anthrotech,
about 55 cm(ca 21") versus 43cm(ca 16"), but that caused no problems
either. Of course you have to take the corners slowly and carefully.

> Here in Chicagoland it is about -15C, and the salt/snow slush has
> refrozen. A trike or studded tires are required for riding safely.

I especially love riding my Anthrotech in winter because there is enough
weight on the rear wheel so it won't spin easily uphill or on slippery
surfaces and the seat is high enough for plowing through deeper snow up
to 15-20cm (5-7").

I suspect you love your dragonflyer too much for taking it out on the
salty roads under these conditions?

Regards,
Kurt

Johnny Sunset wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > Tom,
> >
> > Left my Script Sentry, WinPatrol, SpywareBlaster, AVG, ZoneAlarm all in
> > place. I disabled nothing to view the slide show, but uninstalled the
> > plug-in afterwards.

> While the required plug-in MAY be harmless, I make it a policy not to
> download executable files unless I know a lot more about them.
>
> There are plenty of websites with "slide shows" that do not require
> plug-ins.

--> As a former member of a technical support virus response team,
security is high on my list of concerns. I viewed the slideshow with
no secutiy problems. Whereas I don't expect you to trust me, there is
no reason to suspect Kevin of pubicly inviting anyone to view a slide
show that requires a plug-in that MAY be harmful. From Add/Revoe
Programs, the plug-in is easily removed althogh it does leave behind a
couple of empty folders to manually delete ... no biggie.

JimmyMac

Kevin,

I should have also added that I was referring to Kurt Fischer bating
you into a response that I would be interested in hearing since you
were a more recent insider than me and I thought that you might be able
to shed more light on all this. In naming names, you contradicted Tom
Sheman's assertion that I am alone in whom I suspect with the exception
of Ed Dolan or at least I am virtually alone in going on record
publicly. There are numerous others whom I have talked to that spit
out the same 3 names, but have not gone public.

JimmyMac

<[email protected]> wrote:

> There are good and bad people everywhere. I suspect that MI was no
> exception. Although it is satirical, the HRS blog I feel has gone
> beyond parody and satire.

I have to agree. In my opinion they've gone too far at least in two
aspects:

First by involving private people into their game and making publicly
fun of them. They actually made fun - in a very tasteless manner - of
persons who have nothing to do with the whole affair. That's not
acceptable and not legitimated by any standards of satire or parody you
may choose.

BTW: Tom gave us a clear statement that he also is not willing to excuse
or accept this behavior. This indicates to me, while he may have some
sympathy or understanding for (the intentions of) the authors and their
(often failed) attempts of humor, he's not completely blind to their
mistakes and bad habits.

Secondly they stepped far beyond tolerable satire by spamming several
newsgroups and forums (uk.rec.cycling, de.rec.fahrrad,
Liegeradforum,...) with numerous pointers to their blog. That's commonly
considered extremely bad behavior, especially when faked email addresses
are used. Lately these posts became a real nuisance in the above
mentioned groups and will cost the authors a good deal of sympathy.

Of course we don't know who really sent out all this spamming, that's
why I'd like to hear the statements of the other side too, especially
after Kevin has stepped forward and revealed his
knowledge/opinion/suspicion of the authorship of the blog.

Regards,
Kurt