Re: Independance Pass, Co. 12,095'

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by aspenmike, Aug 8, 2005.

  1. aspenmike

    aspenmike Guest

    This was taken on the first day of the Bicycle Tour of Colorado, a 7 day
    event. I hooked up with the tour for this day only, it was there first
    and they started in Snowmass Village. I was just doing my sunday am
    training ride, when all of a sudden on the road there were hundreds of
    bicyclist. It was really fun to ride Independance Pass with that many
    bicyclist, the most I have ever encountered. My airseat flatted on the
    climb up. I decided to tough it out and fix it at the top.I must have
    passed 80% of the riders that day. The picture is near the summit.
    Cheers.

    Stats:
    From my house:
    22 miles, 36 kilometers
    Bottom of Pass to Top of Pass
    14 miles, 22 kilometers
    Summit elevation 12,095', 3687 meters above sea level
    5,600' of climbing, 1,707 meters
    1:45 of climbing up pass
    2:45 total time to summit from my house
    2:30 back to house from summit
    Fun meter: always a 10
    Difficulty: Very Difficult, extreme when weather turns bad

    | Attachment filename: mike btoc i pass 05.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/346512|

    aspenmike - unicycling albino
    aspenmike's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3768

  2. briguymaine

    briguymaine Guest

  3. briguymaine

    briguymaine Guest

  4. Mikefule

    Mikefule Guest

  5. DigitalDave

    DigitalDave Guest

    Nice color coordination
    (need red and blue shoes :D )

    --
    DigitalDave - Ðîgï†å||¥ ËñhÂÑ€èÐ

    'nf7-s ~ xp2400mobile'
    (http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=21988)
    '20,124 3dm01' (http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8399731)
    my will to live was stronger than my will to die. - iggy pop
    that which does not kill me, makes me stronger. - friedrich nietzsche
    1899
    if it's popular, then what's it got to do with us? - mens room wall
    'my gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/digitaldave)
    DigitalDave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8003

  6. steveyo

    steveyo Guest

    Awesome ride, Mike. You're as ready as one can be for the big kahuna,
    Mt. Wash!

    --
    steveyo

    --
    steveyo - got the rhythm

    steveyo

    "If your feet are cold, cover your head."
    - eskimo proverb

    "The place you buy special pants for big-balled men also sells very
    small hats."
    - me

  7. Tmornstar

    Tmornstar Guest

  8. aspenmike

    aspenmike Guest

    DigitalDave wrote:
    > *Nice color coordination
    > (need red and blue shoes :D ) *

    I will look for some, do you know of any? You seem to be very colorful.

    > As ever, I am in awe of your prowess

    Thank you, but I am just fortunate to ride in the high country of
    Colorado. Plus, like you Mike, I like to just RIDE.

    > your as ready as one can be for the big kahuna, Mt. Wash!

    I hope so, that 22% grade at the top looks sic.

    > you are such a stud!

    Tommy, you are too, you animal.