Re: Independance Pass, Co. 12,095'

aspenmike

Guest
This was taken on the first day of the Bicycle Tour of Colorado, a 7 day
event. I hooked up with the tour for this day only, it was there first
and they started in Snowmass Village. I was just doing my sunday am
training ride, when all of a sudden on the road there were hundreds of
bicyclist. It was really fun to ride Independance Pass with that many
bicyclist, the most I have ever encountered. My airseat flatted on the
climb up. I decided to tough it out and fix it at the top.I must have
passed 80% of the riders that day. The picture is near the summit.
Cheers.

Stats:
From my house:
22 miles, 36 kilometers
Bottom of Pass to Top of Pass
14 miles, 22 kilometers
Summit elevation 12,095', 3687 meters above sea level
5,600' of climbing, 1,707 meters
1:45 of climbing up pass
2:45 total time to summit from my house
2:30 back to house from summit
Fun meter: always a 10
Difficulty: Very Difficult, extreme when weather turns bad

| Attachment filename: mike btoc i pass 05.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/346512|

aspenmike - unicycling albino
aspenmike's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3768

Nice color coordination
(need red and blue shoes :D )

--
DigitalDave - Ðîgï†å||¥ ËñhÂÑ€èÐ

'nf7-s ~ xp2400mobile'
(http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=21988)
'20,124 3dm01' (http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8399731)
my will to live was stronger than my will to die. - iggy pop
that which does not kill me, makes me stronger. - friedrich nietzsche
1899
if it's popular, then what's it got to do with us? - mens room wall
'my gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/digitaldave)
DigitalDave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8003

Awesome ride, Mike. You're as ready as one can be for the big kahuna,
Mt. Wash!

--
steveyo

--
steveyo - got the rhythm

steveyo

"If your feet are cold, cover your head."
- eskimo proverb

"The place you buy special pants for big-balled men also sells very
small hats."
- me

DigitalDave wrote:
> *Nice color coordination
> (need red and blue shoes :D ) *

I will look for some, do you know of any? You seem to be very colorful.

> As ever, I am in awe of your prowess

Thank you, but I am just fortunate to ride in the high country of
Colorado. Plus, like you Mike, I like to just RIDE.

> your as ready as one can be for the big kahuna, Mt. Wash!

I hope so, that 22% grade at the top looks sic.

> you are such a stud!

Tommy, you are too, you animal.