Re: **&^%$($ insects!!

Jim

Guest
"Colin Reed" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> in full glory ;-) Panniers are mainly full of beer, so the uphill ride
> home was a good test!
>
> http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/colinreed/IMAGE_109.jpg
> http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/colinreed/IMAGE_110.jpg
>
> Colin

Ah ha, now I see how I could fit a rack to my SCR, those rack stays that
attach to the seat stays; did you put the bend in yourself or did you by a
special bent type?

Cheers
Jim J

In article <[email protected]>, Jim
[email protected] says...

> "Colin Reed" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > in full glory ;-) Panniers are mainly full of beer, so the uphill ride
> > home was a good test!
> >
> > http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/colinreed/IMAGE_109.jpg
> > http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/colinreed/IMAGE_110.jpg
> >

> Ah ha, now I see how I could fit a rack to my SCR, those rack stays that
> attach to the seat stays;

Isn't that how they normally attach?

> did you put the bend in yourself or did you by a
> special bent type?

The rack is original equipment on that bike. It looks pretty similar to
this one:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360046847308

Rob Morley writtificated

>> did you put the bend in yourself or did you by a
>> special bent type?

You can get aftermarket bent thingies from EBC (well, you could last year)

> I didn't say that.

I feel bad.

"Jim" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Colin Reed" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> bike in full glory ;-) Panniers are mainly full of beer, so the uphill
>> ride home was a good test!
>>
>> http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/colinreed/IMAGE_109.jpg
>> http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/colinreed/IMAGE_110.jpg
>>
>> Colin

> Ah ha, now I see how I could fit a rack to my SCR, those rack stays that
> attach to the seat stays; did you put the bend in yourself or did you by a
> special bent type?
>
> Cheers
> Jim J

It came with the bike, already fitted. However, it's pretty standard. I
think that they're normally attached to the seat stays, and are often
bendable. The cheap basic one that I bought from Halfords years ago to go
on an Apollo MTB had similar stays. This one isn't it, but it's similar (if
a bit better!)
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...3993_crumb_33980-31270_parentcategoryrn_33993

Colin

"Colin Reed" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> It came with the bike, already fitted. However, it's pretty standard. I
> think that they're normally attached to the seat stays, and are often
> bendable. The cheap basic one that I bought from Halfords years ago to go
> on an Apollo MTB had similar stays.

Thanks, my SCR has rack fittings but the brake caliper is in the way, one of
the stays would need quite a bend to arch over the caliper at the side with
the cable pull. Other posters have mentioned EBC so it'll in there.

Jim J

"Rob Morley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, Jim
> [email protected] says...
> Why not use one of those seatpost-clamp rack adapters?
>
> http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?Cat=cycle&ProdID=5300005198

That looks like a handy thing. I've got a carbon seat post but presumable
it'll be okay as I wouldn't need to clamp it up too tight.
Firtsly I thought you were referring to one of those racks that is entirely
supported from the seat post which I have heard aren't recommended for
carbon.
Cheers
Jim J