Re-inspired!

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by Krashin'Kenny, Aug 2, 2004.

  1. A little over a week ago, I built a new frame for my MUni and all of a
    sudden had an inspiration to try new things.
    Last week on Thursday I tried hopping in place for the first time.
    Friday I practiced hopping and riding around a curved 8" wide wall
    around a playground.
    Sunday I landed a 16" drop on the second try, altough I didn't ride it
    out.
    This evening, I practiced hopping up onto a curb that starts at about
    3" and rises up to about 12". I managed to consistently hop up onto it
    at the 9" point before running out of daylight.
    I know these numbers aren't very impressive and please don't
    misinterpret this post as a boast. I just wanted to share my experiences
    over the past week with people that can relate to the enjoyment :D

    --
    Krashin'Kenny - Crash Tested

    If you ain't crashing, you ain't going fast enough!!!!!!!!!!!

    Krashin'Kenny's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3420

  2. jeenyus

    jeenyus Guest

  3. billham

    billham Guest

    KrashinKenny

    I can see it now....

    If you ain't crashin, you ain't hopping high enough. :D

    Good job on pushing forward! A toast to your achievements!

    Bill

    --
    billham

    billham's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4625

  4. billham wrote:
    > *KrashinKenny
    >
    > I can see it now....
    >
    > If you ain't crashin, you ain't hopping high enough. :D
    >
    > Good job on pushing forward! A toast to your achievements!
    >
    > Bill *

    Thanks, I managed to hop up the 12" high part of the curb/sidewalk this
    evening and even hopped up a couple of stairs.

    Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks:D

    jeenyus, thanks for the props:)

    --
    Krashin'Kenny - Crash Tested

    If you ain't crashing, you ain't going fast enough!!!!!!!!!!!

    Krashin'Kenny's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3420

  5. GILD

    GILD Guest

    thanx for posting that kenny

    i sometimes feel like i can't just post to mention some new trick i
    managed because i don't want to be seen to 'brag' about idling one-foot
    extended when there r people on the forum who can do
    backward-one-foot-wheel-walking-in-a-figure-of-eight

    that might skew the view of the unicycling world (and this forum in
    particular) for new riders (or relatively new riders)
    any rider who posts here should know that a mention of a new trick will
    be greeted with the respect due
    irrespective of the difficulty level
    the joy of 'mastering' a new skill is an intensely personal one
    yet the opportunity to share that, with people who can actually
    understand ('cause let's face it, non-riders hardly ever 'gets it') adds
    to the enjoyment

    having said that, pardon me while i go start another
    'Gallery thread' (http://tinyurl.com/5l994)

    --
    GILD - Waffle-tosser (ocfopgm)

    If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me.
    -- Alice Roosevelt Longworth
    '[image: http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/sp/84255.gif]'
    (http://tinyurl.com/ywxgb)
    Namaste!
    Dave

  6. GILD wrote:
    > *thanx for posting that kenny
    > i sometimes feel like i can't just post to mention some new trick i
    > managed because i don't want to be seen to 'brag'
    >
    > having said that, pardon me while i go start another
    > 'Gallery thread' (http://tinyurl.com/5l994) *

    Now I'll have proper place to post about my minor accomplishments ;)

    --
    Krashin'Kenny - Crash Tested

    If you ain't crashing, you ain't going fast enough!!!!!!!!!!!

    Krashin'Kenny's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3420

  7. zod

    zod Guest

    I learned to mount a few weeks a go with my non-chocolate foot.... It's
    something I have been putting of for over a year now b/c it felt so
    alien. Well I forced myself to screw around with it for more than a few
    minutes and picked it up after about 30 minutes. Still feels VERY weird
    but it's getting easier. That's my minor uni accomplishment of the
    summer. :D

    --
    zod - Southern Fried mUni

    "I actually did vote for his $87 billion, before I voted against it." -
    John Kerry
    zod's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3631

  8. billham

    billham Guest

    zod wrote:
    > *I learned to mount a few weeks a go with my non-chocolate foot....
    > It's something I have been putting of for over a year now b/c it felt
    > so alien. *

    My 7 year old daughter just started to freemount after 6 months of
    riding. She freemounts with either foot. She just uses the pedal that
    is closest to the gorund and goes. I have not said anything to her
    about it. I'm just going to observe her and see if she how or if she
    develops a preferred foot.

    For a while I did all my mounting with the "other" foot to get more
    comfortable with the either foot freemount. I still prefer using my
    right to mount, but the other foot is an option.

    Stick with it, the versatility will pay off in the future.

    Bill