Re-inspired!

Krashin'Kenny

Guest
A little over a week ago, I built a new frame for my MUni and all of a
sudden had an inspiration to try new things.
Last week on Thursday I tried hopping in place for the first time.
Friday I practiced hopping and riding around a curved 8" wide wall
around a playground.
Sunday I landed a 16" drop on the second try, altough I didn't ride it
out.
This evening, I practiced hopping up onto a curb that starts at about
3" and rises up to about 12". I managed to consistently hop up onto it
at the 9" point before running out of daylight.
I know these numbers aren't very impressive and please don't
misinterpret this post as a boast. I just wanted to share my experiences
over the past week with people that can relate to the enjoyment :D

--
Krashin'Kenny - Crash Tested

If you ain't crashing, you ain't going fast enough!!!!!!!!!!!

Krashin'Kenny's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3420

billham wrote:
> *KrashinKenny
>
> I can see it now....
>
> If you ain't crashin, you ain't hopping high enough. :D
>
> Good job on pushing forward! A toast to your achievements!
>
> Bill *

Thanks, I managed to hop up the 12" high part of the curb/sidewalk this
evening and even hopped up a couple of stairs.

Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks:D

jeenyus, thanks for the props:)

--
Krashin'Kenny - Crash Tested

If you ain't crashing, you ain't going fast enough!!!!!!!!!!!

Krashin'Kenny's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3420

thanx for posting that kenny

i sometimes feel like i can't just post to mention some new trick i
managed because i don't want to be seen to 'brag' about idling one-foot
extended when there r people on the forum who can do
backward-one-foot-wheel-walking-in-a-figure-of-eight

that might skew the view of the unicycling world (and this forum in
particular) for new riders (or relatively new riders)
any rider who posts here should know that a mention of a new trick will
be greeted with the respect due
irrespective of the difficulty level
the joy of 'mastering' a new skill is an intensely personal one
yet the opportunity to share that, with people who can actually
understand ('cause let's face it, non-riders hardly ever 'gets it') adds
to the enjoyment

having said that, pardon me while i go start another
'Gallery thread' (http://tinyurl.com/5l994)

--
GILD - Waffle-****** (ocfopgm)

If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me.
-- Alice Roosevelt Longworth
'[image: http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/sp/84255.gif]'
(http://tinyurl.com/ywxgb)
Namaste!
Dave

GILD wrote:
> *thanx for posting that kenny
> i sometimes feel like i can't just post to mention some new trick i
> managed because i don't want to be seen to 'brag'
>
> having said that, pardon me while i go start another
> 'Gallery thread' (http://tinyurl.com/5l994) *

Now I'll have proper place to post about my minor accomplishments ;)

--
Krashin'Kenny - Crash Tested

If you ain't crashing, you ain't going fast enough!!!!!!!!!!!

Krashin'Kenny's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3420

I learned to mount a few weeks a go with my non-chocolate foot.... It's
something I have been putting of for over a year now b/c it felt so
alien. Well I forced myself to screw around with it for more than a few
minutes and picked it up after about 30 minutes. Still feels VERY weird
but it's getting easier. That's my minor uni accomplishment of the
summer. :D

--
zod - Southern Fried mUni

"I actually did vote for his $87 billion, before I voted against it." -
John Kerry
zod's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3631

zod wrote:
> *I learned to mount a few weeks a go with my non-chocolate foot....
> It's something I have been putting of for over a year now b/c it felt
> so alien. *

My 7 year old daughter just started to freemount after 6 months of
riding. She freemounts with either foot. She just uses the pedal that
is closest to the gorund and goes. I have not said anything to her
about it. I'm just going to observe her and see if she how or if she
develops a preferred foot.

For a while I did all my mounting with the "other" foot to get more
comfortable with the either foot freemount. I still prefer using my
right to mount, but the other foot is an option.

Stick with it, the versatility will pay off in the future.

Bill

--
billham

billham's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4625