Re-Installing Ultegra Middle Chainring without Removing Crank

I usually remove my large Ultegra chainring to clean it. This time, I
noticed that the middle chainring has indentations, and, if properly
aligned, slips right over the crank arms without any trouble. So now
I'm trying to re-install it, and I can't seem to find the magic
position.

Does anyone know the secret of re-installing the middle chainring
without removing the crank? Thanks.

-- Mark

[email protected] wrote:
> I usually remove my large Ultegra chainring to clean it. This time, I
> noticed that the middle chainring has indentations, and, if properly
> aligned, slips right over the crank arms without any trouble. So now
> I'm trying to re-install it, and I can't seem to find the magic
> position.
>
> Does anyone know the secret of re-installing the middle chainring
> without removing the crank? Thanks.

'YGBSM', as Peter would say. This is a joke, right?

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

On Apr 22, 9:49 pm, A Muzi <[email protected]> wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > I usually remove my large Ultegra chainring to clean it. This time, I
> > noticed that the middle chainring has indentations, and, if properly
> > aligned, slips right over the crank arms without any trouble. So now
> > I'm trying to re-install it, and I can't seem to find the magic
> > position.

> > Does anyone know the secret of re-installing the middle chainring
> > without removing the crank? Thanks.

> 'YGBSM', as Peter would say. This is a joke, right?
>
> --
> Andrew Muziwww.yellowjersey.org
> Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Yep, I was tempted to reply..say something, but didn't....'secret',
another 'secret' that bikes shops have that the cycling public
doesn't...