Re: Interpreting Serotta Fit Cycle Data For Other Manufacturers?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Mike Jacoubowsky, Mar 28, 2005.

  1. > The basic results of the fitting is that I have the loss of
    > flexibility related to aging (I'm 48 and 160 Lbs.) and that I needed a
    > bike with a higher front end and slightly shorter top tube. This
    > information ruled out the Litespeed Tuscany as a problem in both of
    > these areas.
    >
    > After the fitting the shop suggested a Serotta Fierte and a full
    > carbon Trek Pilot. I also mentioned that Litespeed was on my list of
    > possible makes and asked what Litespeed other than Tuscany would fit.

    For what it's worth, the Trek Pilot makes an excellent credit-card-touring
    machine. What many don't realize is that it's got clearance for pretty big
    (28c+ if desired) tires, something not commonly found on higher-end bikes
    these days. It's also got a higher starting position for the stem, due to
    the upward-sloping top tube (it's not really a "compact" design, where the
    front of the bike is the same as most but the top tube slopes down to a
    lower point; rather, it's an upwardly-sloping top tube where the seatpost
    end of the tube starts at a normal height, and goes up from there).

    --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
    www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

    news:[email protected]