Re: Interpreting Serotta Fit Cycle Data For Other Manufacturers?

Mike Jacoubowsky

Guest
> The basic results of the fitting is that I have the loss of
> flexibility related to aging (I'm 48 and 160 Lbs.) and that I needed a
> bike with a higher front end and slightly shorter top tube. This
> information ruled out the Litespeed Tuscany as a problem in both of
> these areas.
>
> After the fitting the shop suggested a Serotta Fierte and a full
> carbon Trek Pilot. I also mentioned that Litespeed was on my list of
> possible makes and asked what Litespeed other than Tuscany would fit.

For what it's worth, the Trek Pilot makes an excellent credit-card-touring
machine. What many don't realize is that it's got clearance for pretty big
(28c+ if desired) tires, something not commonly found on higher-end bikes
these days. It's also got a higher starting position for the stem, due to
the upward-sloping top tube (it's not really a "compact" design, where the
front of the bike is the same as most but the top tube slopes down to a
lower point; rather, it's an upwardly-sloping top tube where the seatpost
end of the tube starts at a normal height, and goes up from there).

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

news:[email protected]...